4FW: New Years Wrestleution 2012 {Saturday 25th February - Swindon}

4FWpromoter

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really enjoyed it last night.

First event since All Star at Bristol when Williams was there which I think was beginning of 2011.

Jack Dynamo was awesome I thought. Really impressed with him. Doug Williams looked like a lot of fun, constantly joking with the crowd. Enjoyed the ladder match. Main event was also great.

The ladder/crowd incident was pretty scary, but I could see it happening.

I'm also with the other guy, WoS match did not work, especially directly after the extreme ladder match. I actually enjoyed it, but most of the crowd did not get it, and it's not nice when you hear chants of 'this is boring' and 'when is the proper wrestling back' being shouted out, especially to someone like Kidd. Wrong audience I feel.

Well done on a good show. See you again next time.

According to Kidd and Finlay it was the perfect place to put the match, we want to try and bring a bit of tradition back, even if it is only 1 match per event, that match alone attracted many fans, we put on 6 very different matches.

Regarding the ladder it fell over on the stage, it hit our referee and cameraman and headed towards the crowd, luckily no one was hurt and it is something we will take extra care with next time.

The DVD will be out very soon.

Finlay was impressed with the training at 4FW and even said it was one of the best training schools he had been to not just in Europe but in America etc which was great to hear.

Full Results:

Jack Dynamo Def. The Saint

Jason Larusso Def. Rockstar Spud

'English Lion' Eddie Ryan/Owen Phoenix Def. 'The Sheik' Behnam Ali/Doug Williams

'English Lion' Eddie Ryan Def. Jack Dynamo, Dragon Emperor, The Professer, Owen Phoenix, Wild Boar, Jason Larusso, Matt Lomaxx, So Sai King & Richtor to become the new 4FW Heavyweight Champion.

Mad Dog Max Def. Johhny Kidd - 2 falls to 1

Finlay Def. 'Saviour' JD Knight in a Belfast Brawl

According to Kidd and Finlay it was the perfect place to put the match, we want to try and bring a bit of tradition back, even if it is only 1 match per event, that match alone attracted many fans, we put on 6 very different matches.

Regarding the ladder it fell over on the stage, it hit our referee and cameraman and headed towards the crowd, luckily no one was hurt and it is something we will take extra care with next time.

The DVD will be out very soon.

Finlay was impressed with the training at 4FW and even said it was one of the best training schools he had been to not just in Europe but in America etc which was great to hear.

Full Results:

Jack Dynamo Def. The Saint

Jason Larusso Def. Rockstar Spud

'English Lion' Eddie Ryan/Owen Phoenix Def. 'The Sheik' Behnam Ali/Doug Williams

'English Lion' Eddie Ryan Def. Jack Dynamo, Dragon Emperor, The Professer, Owen Phoenix, Wild Boar, Jason Larusso, Matt Lomaxx, So Sai King & Richtor to become the new 4FW Heavyweight Champion.

Mad Dog Max Def. Johhny Kidd - 2 falls to 1

Finlay Def. 'Saviour' JD Knight in a Belfast Brawl

No wonder why Finlay said that about the training school, the guys that have been produced there and have wrestled on not on your shows and others in the country but traveled to Japan & America shows enough about the school.

I absolutely can't wait for Great Sasuke - fantastic name and 100% sells me a ticket.

Couple of questions:

1/ I presume that as with Togo photo ops and autos will be on offer for him?

2/ Is there any chance of Hakushi/Shinzaki coming too? The Chikara stuff with them both was fantastic and would absolutely love to see him live.

Can I add that I also thought this was a superb show all round.

Highlighting a critical observation made by others, the current PA system is pretty inaudible and distorted, and quite unsuitable for a cavernous stadium like this. In an "American style" show like 4FW, where promos are very important much of what was said was not heard clearly. The MC (possibly aware of the problem) shouted a lot, but although we all heard a loud noise, few of us understood his words.

It was probably a mistake to announce the Great Sasuke in the way 4FW did. This was one of the few announcements that everyone heard, and it was met with hilarious groans all around the hall of "who"? You should have anticipated that reaction from a "local audience" unaware of, and not that interested in International Superstars, unless they have been on the WWE that is!

UKFF readers are drooling at the prospect already but announcing it in that way at the live show did rather backfire, and provide us all with an unexpected comic moment!

I thought the placing of the Johnny Kidd match after the mayhem of the ladder match and before the violence of Finlay was perfect planning. Time for us all to have a mental breather and relax and enjoy some old style quality wrestling; and I thought that Mad Dog did himself proud as well. OK, it was not for everyone perhaps, but neither are ladder matches (or cage matches)!

I travel all over the country to wrestling shows and this was probably the largest crowd I have seen at a "British" show for very many years; fantastic to see so many people!

Top class wrestling, big name visitors, a high quality British roster, and a superbly professional presentation, the shows even start pretty much on time nowadays :laugh: --- 4FW simply gets better and better!

Well done guys; and I for one cannot wait to see Eddie Ryan's first defence of his title.

I absolutely can't wait for Great Sasuke - fantastic name and 100% sells me a ticket.

Couple of questions:

1/ I presume that as with Togo photo ops and autos will be on offer for him?

2/ Is there any chance of Hakushi/Shinzaki coming too? The Chikara stuff with them both was fantastic and would absolutely love to see him live.

Yes Photo ops and autographs will definately be available, again at the very low cost of only

I did enquire, but he is a very busy man and couldn't justify the 5 days away from Japan unfortunately, we were also very, very close to confirming the biggest name in Japanese Wrestling but on this occasion it wasn't to be.

I know I keep saying this but very exciting times ahead, be sure to keep checking on here, www.4fw-online.com and our Facebook page for news on 4FW.

Sorry for the late reply but here's my thoughts on the show and something fans who haven't been to a 4FW show to read.

- The event was a family show, but didn't give off the 'insulting the older fans intelligence' vibe you get of 90% of most BritWres child-friendly show.

- The sound was pretty naff. The theme music sounded awful and the promos were quite hard to hear.

- Every match on the card was at least decent and their was a lot of variety on the show. You got a ladder match, a technical match and a brawl. Something for everybody!

- The presentation (minus the sound) was top-notch. The whole stage set-up look great as did the ring area. It felt very professional and it did make you feel you weren't at a leisure center at all.

- The local talent was actually very good. The Saint, JD Knight and Jack Dynamo looked great at the show.

- I'd definitely go again, with the usual inclusions of the bigger names playing heavily into that decision.

Archived