4FW: New Years Wrestleution 2012 {Saturday 25th February - Swindon}

4FWpromoter

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
‎4FW signs Junior Heavyweight, the Star who has perfected his craft in the land of the rising sun is ready to take the Wrestling World by storm and it begins Saturday 25th February 2012

Video

That is awsome. Reminds me of Chikara!

Fox is a great talent. How would you justify putting a 4FW debut in the Heavyweight Title Ladder match though?

I'm definately not knocking his ability, but he would add little to our event, him been thrown randomly in a ladder match adds nothing but unnecessary expense, ecspecially when that extra expense can go towards bringing in the huge names we are bringing in during 2012 and beyond.

IPW:UK are using AR Fox on the Sunday, definately go check them out, they always deliver.

The talent we are set to bring in over the year will be exclusive to 4FW so the only place you can see them in this Country will be in Swindon, 4FW does not want to be doing what everyone else in this Country is doing.

We do want to attract the internet market to 4FW by bringing in top names but i'm not willing to bring in loads of imports for no reason, the expenditure for this event is already high with the names announced, others may be willing to risk not getting a return by bringing in every name under the sun and that is there desicion, 4FW can not justify it, ecspecially when you can see the exact same names in other parts of the Country in the same week, anyone bought into 4FW is planned out well in advance and will never be random.

The only reason we used Finlay aswell as the other promotions is because he will draw as will Doug which has already been proven by our ticket sales, Johnny Kidds name been on the card has already helped us sell alot of tickets also.

Hope this clears up why we won't be using any of the other imports that are available on Saturday 25th February :thumbsup:

Class.

Who on Earth is 'AR Fox'? Should I know who he is?

He's one of the top high flyers on the US indie scence, he's been a big part of Evolve, CZW and DG:USA over the last year.

High-flying wrestling is so 1998! He should be wearing a fox costume! Fantastic Master Fox!

it's a shame fox isn't on the card seeing as how he is already in the country.....I don't see how he wouldn't add something to the ladder match....

But then why bring in an import just for a slot in a ten man match? Surely someone on the 4FW roster would deserve the opportunity more. And yes, what I've seen of him he does seem to be a class talent, and there are other places you can see him the weekend. The 4FW show is so loaded, I can't imagine any extra ticket sales being sold for an import being inserted into a giant ladder match (which as someone already pointed out, is for the Heavyweight Title, a belt that Fox hasn't previously been in contention for).

but he would add little to our event, him been thrown randomly in a ladder match adds nothing but unnecessary expense

Personally I would of thought the chance of seeing one of the worlds most exciting and innovative high flyers in a ladder match would of been quite a draw. But maybe not in a 10 man ladder match, where it is often hard for any one person to really shine without half of the competitors hardly featuring.

Just watched a few bits. He does have some very impressive stuff. Great athlete. I stand by the 1998 comment though.

Each to their own but do you watch full matches or just odd clips, and have you ever watched DragonGate? That has a lot of flying but most people would say that company is at the cutting edge of modern pro wrestling, I'd be very suprised if you watched that and thought is old fashioned.

To be honest I wasn't really considering how fox would benefit 4fw as far as angles and story lines go. My thoughts only went as far as he can do some really cool flippy shit and a ladder would be cool :-) But as far as him being waisted in a 10 man ladder match, I don't agree. That's like saying that nobody would be able to get over in those circumstances.

I completely understand though because the extra ticket sales that fox will draw will not out way the cost to bring him in.

Just watched a few bits. He does have some very impressive stuff. Great athlete. I stand by the 1998 comment though.

Each to their own but do you watch full matches or just odd clips, and have you ever watched DragonGate? That has a lot of flying but most people would say that company is at the cutting edge of modern pro wrestling, I'd be very suprised if you watched that and thought is old fashioned.

I went to DragonGate and it was fantastic. But 'modern pro wrestling' could learn alot from looking back instead of constantly forward, IMO.

Back on topic, should be a cracking show this. Lomaxx is a beast, and might be your dark horse here.

4FW has moved the Swindon April event to Saturday 9th June, it's for a very good reason, we will announce that reason on Saturday 25th February...

So next Saturday we will be running a great event featuring Finlay, Doug Williams, Johnny Kidd and many more, we will also be making a huge announcement for our Saturday 9th June and Saturday 27th October event.

Roll on next Saturday...

Just to let people know the 9th June date is going to be moved again, the Star we are set to bring over has had to move the date and it is totally out of his hands, we are currently working on a date that suits both parties best, we are hoping to get it finalised by Saturday so we can still announce it then, if not we will announce ASAP.

Archived