Favourite music genre

Trevor

Country, folk, bluegrass, ska, reggae, ragga, punk, rockabilly, psychobilly. Don't really listen to pop/hip hop/metal or classical but there's odd bits in each that I like.

Dave, recommend me some good psychobilly/rockabilly. I like what little I've heard but haven't really dug into what's out there.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im like most people posting on here, it changes all the time. Im a metalhead at heart but I can easily get absorbed into Northern Soul, Ska, Punk, late 80s/early 90s Hip Hop and all sorts of other genres. Right now, Im going between Desmond Dekker and a Norwegian Jazz/Metal hybrid band called Shining.

My favourite genre of music is definitely metal, I like all sorts of stuff and I'm really into loads of 80s new wave and punk bands, It annoys me when someone thinks because I like metal I need to be educated in other genres, I know all about all kinds of music, I just like metal most. I don't really follow trends in Metal and I don't listen to much new american stuff, I love 80s american metal, black metal, death metal loads but my fave is thrash/hardcore crossover.

PS It really annoyed me when everyone started slagging off metal in one of the other threads.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion though, surely? Maybe metal's just strongly disliked by some on UKFF.

• Paid Members

I'd say rock is my main choice, although I have not really heard any good new stuff for years, so any suggestions would be welcomed!!

Also because of my age, mostly 80's stuff, especially movie themes.

My favourite genre of music is definitely metal, I like all sorts of stuff and I'm really into loads of 80s new wave and punk bands, It annoys me when someone thinks because I like metal I need to be educated in other genres, I know all about all kinds of music, I just like metal most. I don't really follow trends in Metal and I don't listen to much new american stuff, I love 80s american metal, black metal, death metal loads but my fave is thrash/hardcore crossover.

PS It really annoyed me when everyone started slagging off metal in one of the other threads.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Moderators

Well, at least he made someone laugh. More than you've ever done you boring fuck.

Any thoughts on Curren$y, Chest? If you're not aware of him he's a prolific mixtape rapper from Louisiana (IIRC) loosely affiliated to L'il Wayne somehow who's started getting proper studio albums out the last few years. I know Alchemist's produced a few beats for him. I've been told by a few people that he's the guy to re-ignite my interest in rap but so far I'm not feeling him. I'm worried it means I'm not a b-boy anymore :(.

One of my mates has been banging on about Curren$y for the last year or so, but for some reason I've never really got around to giving him a proper listen.

It's a crazy difficult punt to take, and obviously your mates know you so their recommendation is probably better for you, but if I was to try and re-ignite your interest my recommendation would be Action Bronson. My favourite "new" rapper I've heard for some time.

I listen to pretty much every genre, though mostly it's mainstream stuff. I don't download albums, I don't have any playlists, I just stick all 500 odd tracks in one file and stick it on random. If I hear something on the radio I like, or if someone recommends something and I like it then I download it.

Archived