TED Talks

aaron

TED Talks Youtube Channel

I discovered these talks last year and for about 18 months now have been addicted to the directors channel on Youtube.

The content at times is so incredible that TED deserves to be bigged up.

If you also watch TED, let us know your favourite talks.

If you been to a TED Talks or TEDx Talks, please share your experiences. (It's on my own to do list.)

If you like other talks then shout out here for us! I also like Stanford's and Google's.

My favourites are:

- A beautiful theory of everything

- The life saver wattle bottles.

- Wolfram Alpha's

- All gamification ones

- All future tech ones... the robots, the environments, the computing

- The magic ones!

.. fucking well funny with it!! The magic itself is ok but he's great.

The human calculator impressed me until I worked out how to do massive long calculations a lot easier then how he said!

So many great, great talks...

Would be cool to find some people who also like this stuff.

:)

• Paid Members

TED is pretty fuckin' awesome. I know I guy who's on the TEDx circuit who's big on the topic of transmedia. He showed me his talk and I then looked at a few other related videos and some of the stuff in there is incredible as you say.

Eli Pariser's talk on filter bubbles was really thought-provoking, giving that it relates to how every one interfaces with the big two: Google and Facebook.

The Filter Bubble was an awesome talk. It's so noticable too... I notice when I switch devices I get a load of different status messages to my usual junk.

I find the FB bubble to be soo counter-productive to what I hope to get from social networks.

Google's bubble I find helps me but when you see how those results for the Egyptian guy.... it's fucking shite, innit?

I feel that If you told some what Google and Facebook do in this regards, they'd tell you to put a tin hat on. ;)

Here's a link to that talk:

• Paid Members
The Filter Bubble was an awesome talk. It's so noticable too... I notice when I switch devices I get a load of different status messages to my usual junk.

I find the FB bubble to be soo counter-productive to what I hope to get from social networks.

Google's bubble I find helps me but when you see how those results for the Egyptian guy.... it's fucking shite, innit?

I feel that If you told some what Google and Facebook do in this regards, they'd tell you to put a tin hat on. ;)

Here's a link to that talk:

It's crazy what these big organisations can do because they have the power to do so, yet the UK government are trying to gets ISP to cut off customers if they are downloading media illegally.

• 8 months later...

The TEDx lineup for Salford this year has been announced. Their website is shit on an iPad but Ken ShMrock is one of the speakers! I'd love to go to this but tickets are a bit pricey. You can buy early bird morning, afternoon or evening ones but at the moment, it doesn't say who is speaking when. I think it's 21st October for anyone interested.

Archived