RIP Bison Smith

jm29195

- The Wrestling Observer reports that Mark "Bison" Smith passed away today from a massive heart attack in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Smith, 38, was best known for his work in Puerto Rico and in Pro Wrestling NOAH.

Sad news, I was literally half way through listening to his Cabana show appearance, and he seemed like a nice guy.

Saw him for the Noah show in 2008 - really good monster worker...

• Paid Members

Shame. I saw a fair bit of him in the old TWC NOAH days. I'm not gonna lie and say he was secretly my favourite wrestler or anything like that but I enjoyed some of his NOAH stuff, I recall some pretty decent tags and 6 man tags in them days. He looked hard as nails aswell.

38 is way too young for anyone to die.

RIP big man

• Moderators

Was he skint does anyone know? Only MVP is using this opportunity to advise people to get their affairs in order in case of unexpected bereavement.

The305MVP MVP

I'm not a parent. But the last thing I want is for my estate to go into probate should I die. My family will have everything w/o hassles.

5 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

The305MVP MVP

I'm 38. So was Bison. If you're a parent don't put off your legal affairs. Make sure your family will be sorted if misfortune befalls you.

6 minutes ago

• Paid Members

According to WrestlingClassics.com, he was in the match Misawa died in too.

Wasn't there also a strange story about Triple H growling at him when he was in the locker-room before he got a WWF try-out? Sure I read that somewhere.

RIP.

Was he skint does anyone know? Only MVP is using this opportunity to advise people to get their affairs in order in case of unexpected bereavement.

The305MVP MVP

I'm not a parent. But the last thing I want is for my estate to go into probate should I die. My family will have everything w/o hassles.

5 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

The305MVP MVP

I'm 38. So was Bison. If you're a parent don't put off your legal affairs. Make sure your family will be sorted if misfortune befalls you.

6 minutes ago

Fucking hell, what horrible news to wake up to. He was a lovely guy when he was over here for the first European Navigation show. A big guy, very agile and oozing charisma.

To BRM, MVP's messages aren't pointing at him being skint, the mention of the word probate would indicate that he died without making a will - if this happens, then your estate goes into probate. I think MVP is saying that people should ensure that they have made a will.

According to WrestlingClassics.com, he was in the match Misawa died in too.

Wasn't there also a strange story about Triple H growling at him when he was in the locker-room before he got a WWF try-out? Sure I read that somewhere.

RIP.

A google search shows that Bison once told a story about Triple H sitting next to him in the lockerroom and watching him undress and put his gear on without saying a word.

• Moderators
To BRM, MVP's messages aren't pointing at him being skint, the mention of the word probate would indicate that he died without making a will - if this happens, then your estate goes into probate. I think MVP is saying that people should ensure that they have made a will.

Ah right, cheers. I know less than nothing on legal matters.

• Paid Members

This sucks. Loved watching him in person and meeting him at Noah 08. I always thought he'd make it to the WWE sooner or later. The man was a monster and I always liked when he popped up on a Noah show back when I followed them. Really is to early to go, thought he'd have a good run a head of him for some reason. RIP

Bloody hell, I can't say I've ever met him but his work was very good in the ring. I liked it when he came to ROH back in 2008/9 and his match at Euro Navigation was very good. Great big man who wrestled like that, occasionally picking up the agility card.

RIP Bison Smith.

Watched quite a bit of him back when I regularly watched NOAH. Most of the time he was in the bland, mid-card 6 man and regular tag matches, so not really a whole lot to judge if he was any good or not. Seemed OK. He was huge, though. If I remember correctly, he wasnt that tall either, so his size was even more noticable.

Archived