SMACKDOWN SPOILERS

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Enjoyed the show. The opening segment was just class, I'd go as far to say that in the recent history of SD it was pretty memorable. The crowd went mental when he faux-won the title. Even with the change never being official, he was still made to look strong throughout the show and I think he deserves it. I don't expect him to win the title next week but I reckon he'll hold onto the case for a bit longer.

Otherwise I thought the Sheamus/Ryder vs Ziggler/Swagger tag bout was terrific. Hunico vs Gabriel was actually pretty decent as well. As the divas go I think theres been a noticeable improvement recently as a direct result of Beth and Natalya being the focal point. I say get Kaitlyn on their side and have them run roughshod over everybody until Kong gets back from laying her sprog and you've got a pretty decent feud lined up there.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
So, Bryan has a cage match vs an injured Mizark next week and still has his briefcase to cash in. Tenner says he still won't be wearing that belt anytime soon.

Why should he? You honestly think Daniel Bryan is heavyweight title material?

No David, I don't.

So, Bryan has a cage match vs an injured Mizark next week and still has his briefcase to cash in. Tenner says he still won't be wearing that belt anytime soon.

No David, I don't.

Glad to hear it. I didn't think you were a mentalist.

• Paid Members

No David, I don't.

Glad to hear it. I didn't think you were a mentalist.

Whatever your opinion on him I wouldn't be shocked to either see him win the belt, or alternatively to actually get that Wrestlemania match-up.

I think next week he'll put up a good fight, but will be quite "badly hurt" - leading to an underdog story at Wrestlemania.

• Paid Members
I'd rather see Henry vs Sheamus at this point in time to be honest. I'd really enjoy it, I think.

Yes, their last match on that PPV (can't remember which one, the one where Sheamus got stuck through the ringside wall) was excellent and I want to see that feud restart.

• Paid Members
If Bryan Danielson is main eventing Wrestlemania in a title match it really does show how far the WWE product has fallen.

Don't get me wrong, I like him, but he's never any more than an intercontinental level wrestler.

With two titles though there's the opportunity to have someone like Bryan challenge for the belt at Wrestlemania. Ultimately one or even both of the World title matches don't have to be be the defining match of a Wrestlemania line-up. Heck, the streak's a more valuable Wrestlemania commodity than either belt right now.

As for Bryan, people said the same about Punk and Miz at seperate points. If WWE want to make him look like a star, they can do that, and on Smackdown recently he's looking better and better. Don't get me wrong, he's still got plenty of flaws - not least his goofy smile and music. But there's definitely something there - at the moment I just find myself rooting for him. It's a testament to good booking of the guy I guess.

I'd love to see Dolph Ziggler challenge for a belt this year I must admit. If he were to win the Rumble and take on someone like Orton or even CM Punk it could be the making of the guy. Ziggler's just incredible at the moment. Who'd have thought when he debuted with the "Hi, I'm..." gimmick he'd ever reach this stage?

I'd rather see Henry vs Sheamus at this point in time to be honest. I'd really enjoy it, I think.

It'd be a good match, but I preferred bad-ass Sheamus to the almost "happy go lucky" Irish character he's playing right now. That said, he's super-over at this point.

Rock v Cena is main-eventing Wrestlemania, David, you may have heard of it ;)

Yeah, you know what I mean though. 'Mania is usually main evented by the two title matches and maybe a 'Taker match.

As for Bryan, people said the same about Punk and Miz at seperate points.

You can't compare them at all. Miz is 6'2 and was already a reasonably well known television star before coming into the company. The guy knows how to handle a microphone.

Punk is on another level altogether. He's over 6 feet tall, and has an incredibly marketable look and can deliver above average promos. Danielson is what? 5'10? Has a completely average look & build & next to no promo skills.

We're supposed to believe that he has a chance against Mark Henry in a steel fucking cage? I've not been watching WWE all that closely recently, but haven't they been building Henry as a monster who can't be stopped? Didn't he just put the Big Show out the game not that long ago? Along with Kane? Now we're supposed to buy into the idea that Bryan Danielson has a chance against him? The guy should get killed.

If WWE are smart they'll have Henry dispose of Danielson in short order (after maybe a quick flurry of offence from him to at least make it look like he belongs in the same business as Henry, and not in the crowd with a ticket and a beer) only to apply the big beatdown, allowing someone to make the save and kick-start another feud.

• Paid Members
You can't compare them at all. Miz is 6'2 and was already a reasonably well known television star before coming into the company. The guy knows how to handle a microphone.

Punk is on another level altogether. He's over 6 feet tall, and has an incredibly marketable look and can deliver above average promos. Danielson is what? 5'10? Has a completely average look & build & next to no promo skills.

That wasn't my point - what I'm saying is wrestlers have been dismissed before only to come back and prove people wrong. But heck, Kurt Angle's 5"10, Mysterio's 5"6 and Benoit was 5"11. You could point to build, but I don't think Bryan looks bad compared to other modern wrestlers. His look's another thing entirely, but that's a matter of opinion. My main issues with him are the theme music and daft smile he pulls.

We're supposed to believe that he has a chance against Mark Henry in a steel fucking cage? I've not been watching WWE all that closely recently, but haven't they been building Henry as a monster who can't be stopped? Didn't he just put the Big Show out the game not that long ago? Along with Kane? Now we're supposed to buy into the idea that Bryan Danielson has a chance against him? The guy should get killed.

That's the thing though - it's an underdog story. It should look like he hasn't a chance. So far they've made him look pretty credible against Mark Henry, and they've booked the two matches superbly. Henry looked brutal as fuck, but it didn't look as though Bryan hadn't a chance. I don't think either man was hurt. They'll only ever book Henry out by submission against Bryan, I assume, so it's not a huge deal for him to be defeated.

If WWE are smart they'll have Henry dispose of Danielson in short order (after maybe a quick flurry of offence from him to at least make it look like he belongs in the same business as Henry, and not in the crowd with a ticket and a beer) only to apply the big beatdown, allowing someone to make the save and kick-start another feud.

It'd be a bit odd for them to do that after the way they've booked Bryan recently. He's starting to look pretty credible and considering he'd still be Mr MITB a lot of good work would be undone.

Archived