Credit cards

PepperPlunge

I need a credit card for when I go to Wrestlemania for the hotel. I don't know much about credit cards really and this would be my first one.

Should I get the credit card now or wait nearer the time? If I get it now and do well with it, are the bank likely to increase my credit limit before Mania?

Thanks for any help.

I would get it nearer the time so you can get interest free credit for 6 months or whatever offer is on. Also, make sure there is no charges or extra interest for international purchases, theres only a few that offer this so check with them, moneysupermarket used to have a search function for this particular thing, they may still do.

Shop about like a mofo, and if you were to apply now, see what balance transfer deals are about after mania, you may be able to 0 percent for a bit. They are getting rarer because of the economic bollocks, but not impossible

Just buy a pre paid credit card, then it doesnt matter what your credit rating is, plus you cant spend whats not on the card

http://www.titaniumcashplus.co.uk/

Edit: Didnt realise it was for the states, just get a Mastercard US Dollar card, they are absolutley free, only thing you get charged for is withdrawing money out of an ATM

http://www.titaniumholidaycashcard.co.uk/default.asp

see what balance transfer deals are about after mania

Why do banks care about WrestleMania?

I was talking about the poster.. if they have a large balance after mania, then a balance transfer on 0% percent is better than copping a load of interest when there is no need.

• Paid Members
see what balance transfer deals are about after mania

Why do banks care about WrestleMania?

I was talking about the poster.. if they have a large balance after mania, then a balance transfer on 0% percent is better than copping a load of interest when there is no need.

Still confused by the WrestleMania bit.

• Paid Members

If you plan to use it when you are away make sure to call the credit card company and let them know the dates you will be away. I've known people to go on holiday and start spending only to have the card blocked very quickly for suspected fraud.

Archived