Wrestling Manager iOS Out Now!

Serious Parody

• Paid Members
Out of interest, what do people look for in a wrestling simulation game? Is it a case of something like WWE Universe mode or the old GM mode from the SmackDown vs. RAW franchise, where you take control of a brand, play through a calendar putting together shows by drafting matches, angles etc?

For me, it has to be about the game play, does not have to be flashy in terms of graphics as its a stat game on an iPhone at the end of the day. If you can imagine how good your fav championship manager game is and then strip it down to the basics of championship manager 98 - 99 (which happens to be my fav). The game play is brilliant, but you don't have the graphics update or some of the indepth slightly pointless bits.

Stripping back on certain things like graphics means you can have more space for characters/storylines/etc etc. I appreciate the OP's hand drawn efforts, but in reality, 99% of people who buy this game will want a download pack of real wrestlers from different year scenarios.

EWR mastered the wrestling manager sim and nothing really comes close (some of its earlier family were possibly better/on par) but in terms of a franchise, its the best by far.

• Paid Members
2495486[/url]']

This guy got totally ripped to piss over on the EWB forum, supposed to be pretty buggy and all the guys are clearly based on WWE superstars like some blue kane guy called Abel

So what your saying is that it's a Britwres Shitarse promotion done in app form?

• Paid Members
2495486[/url]']

This guy got totally ripped to piss over on the EWB forum, supposed to be pretty buggy and all the guys are clearly based on WWE superstars like some blue kane guy called Abel

So what your saying is that it's a Britwres Shitarse promotion done in app form?

Complete with The Underfaker!

Those MDickie games were fantastic fun.

I was playing one of these yesterday before renting WWE '12 Its funny how WWE even get their ideas from games like MDickie games.

I refer to when your performing a move you and now you can throw your opponent any direction you want in the MDickie games and now WWE have put that feature on their games. Try a suplex and hold a direction or a slam?

Also the problem with such a high price tag for a app that has its issues its not going to sell its going to be on installous very quickly.

Out of interest, what do people look for in a wrestling simulation game? Is it a case of something like WWE Universe mode or the old GM mode from the SmackDown vs. RAW franchise, where you take control of a brand, play through a calendar putting together shows by drafting matches, angles etc?

Same as previous poster, cross between EWR which was awesome and champ man, my biggest fault with EWR was the lack of depth within the game, match write ups ectt repeated too often, it just lacked the flair that champ man did to keep hold of you.for me EWR couldn't be played more than short bursts for a week or two at a time, where as a non football fan it kept hold me for hours a day until the next one was out.

Yeah, I don't get it really. A guy dedicates a crazy amount of his life to making games specifically for the hardcore wrestling community when nobody else is, then he asks them for feedback in order to improve it and instead of saying "I'd like feature x" or "it would be cool if y was in the game" they flame the crap out of it for something as silly as it being a parody. It's even dafter when you consider there's a feature in the game that lets you swap out the full roster by dragging a folder of images into iTunes.

All that aside, for those that are interested. We are aiming to have a patch out later this week that should fix some of the bugs which a few of our players are experiencing. It also contains slight improvements based on user feedback. More patches coming soon.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I don't get it really. A guy dedicates a crazy amount of his life to making games specifically for the hardcore wrestling community when nobody else is, then he asks them for feedback in order to improve it and instead of saying "I'd like feature x" or "it would be cool if y was in the game" they flame the crap out of it for something as silly as it being a parody. It's even dafter when you consider there's a feature in the game that lets you swap out the full roster by dragging a folder of images into iTunes.

All that aside, for those that are interested. We are aiming to have a patch out later this week that should fix some of the bugs which a few of our players are experiencing. It also contains slight improvements based on user feedback. More patches coming soon.

You don't get it? All you have to do is read the thread on WWE '12 to realise it's nothing personal and it's just wrestling fans being wrestling fans.

I've had it myself, yet for some reason promoters keep paying me to make websites. You just have to concentrate on what works and ignore those who have a pop at you for the sake of having a pop at you. It's usually either jealousy you got there first or boredom.

You don't get it? All you have to do is read the thread on WWE '12 to realise it's nothing personal and it's just wrestling fans being wrestling fans.

I've had it myself, yet for some reason promoters keep paying me to make websites. You just have to concentrate on what works and ignore those who have a pop at you for the sake of having a pop at you. It's usually either jealousy you got there first or boredom.

Thanks for the advice. I think I take things a little too personally some times and it's all too easy for me to focus on the negatives when really we've had some great supporters so far too. There's a group of people that are constantly emailing us with idea's and improvements. Some that are going out of their way to really help out and then others that offer advice and constructive criticism. It's pretty amazing. Hopefully once this first patch is out and people start seeing that we are going to be constantly updating the game with new features it will help show the kind of company we are trying to be.

• Paid Members
Thanks for the advice. I think I take things a little too personally some times and it's all too easy for me to focus on the negatives when really we've had some great supporters so far too. There's a group of people that are constantly emailing us with idea's and improvements. Some that are going out of their way to really help out and then others that offer advice and constructive criticism. It's pretty amazing. Hopefully once this first patch is out and people start seeing that we are going to be constantly updating the game with new features it will help show the kind of company we are trying to be.

Yeah. If people are reporting bugs etc. Then it is something to take on board and rectify. If it's people saying, "OMFG THIS IS SHIT!`" then try and see if you can get a more coherent and in-depth answer as to why they didn't like the product. They'll either give you a list, or just be an arse and go, "Well why should I tell you? It's just shit." They're the type of people you just take a breath and then ignore; there were a couple when I was working on a product in another niche market.

Which brings me to the point: pro wrestling is a niche market. You're not going to please every one, so concentrate on making happy customers rather than trying to please every one, and the word will spread if it's good.

Yeah. If people are reporting bugs etc. Then it is something to take on board and rectify. If it's people saying, "OMFG THIS IS SHIT!`" then try and see if you can get a more coherent and in-depth answer as to why they didn't like the product. They'll either give you a list, or just be an arse and go, "Well why should I tell you? It's just shit." They're the type of people you just take a breath and then ignore; there were a couple when I was working on a product in another niche market.

Which brings me to the point: pro wrestling is a niche market. You're not going to please every one, so concentrate on making happy customers rather than trying to please every one, and the word will spread if it's good.

Point taken.

So far most of the feedback from people playing it has been that "once the bugs are ironed out Wrestling Manager will be a great game". So that's positive. Don't get me wrong, we've also had a few people say "It's a shallow game with no championships, no tv shows, no PPV's and no strategy" but then when I point out that you unlock your first championship at level 2 and TV shows kick in at Level 3, PPV's at Level 4 and then the online Rating Wars kicks in at Level 5 but that in order to get to those levels so that you can compete with everyone, you have to be focusing on getting 5 star events as well as earning money - well the response tends to be that they haven't quite found the right strategy to get the 5 star events and that's when they realise that there's a lot more too it than rinse and repeat. That's partly our fault though. We thought people would enjoy working out the strategy for themselves but the clear thing from all the feedback is that we haven't done enough hand-holding in the game to teach people what strategies they should use. So we're going to work on that, firstly by posting some strategy tips on our website (just because that's the quickest thing we can do) and then by patching in extra tutorial sections and tips.

Like you say, it's about make the customers we already have happier - as opposed to loading it with marketable features. (unless you consider tutorials marketable lol).

Archived