Handsome Boy Modelling School

Tokyo Police Club

Undecided:-

The Hundred In The Hands

Lanterns On The Lake

• Paid Members
Bolt Thrower

:laugh: That's absolutely awful.

The name works very well with the music. The lyrical themes are War and this sounds like a soundtrack for war

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eShSOlhX9w

Though the name is actually from Warhammer so it will alway have that sad fact detracting ever so slightly. :p

• Paid Members

Good:

When People Were Shorter And Lived Near The Water

Half Man Half Biscuit

They Might Be Giants

Camper Van Beethoven

Regarding some of the bad names mentioned, Joe Lean And The Jing Jang Jong, Does It Offend You, Yeah? and the Ting Tings all toured together a few years ago. That's terrible.

Bolt Thrower

The name works very well with the music. The lyrical themes are War and this sounds like a soundtrack for war

Though the name is actually from Warhammer so it will alway have that sad fact detracting ever so slightly. :p

I'll have no bad words about Bolt Thrower, Coventry doesn't usually produce much music that's known around the world. Although, i think thier cover artwork has been done by people who draw Warhammer art....

Most metal bands names, lyrics and themes are laughably bad but it's great aslong it's not taken seriously and that's sometimes the problem with fans when they do...i won't even start on some metallers i've known over the years.

Metal names i actually like:

Carcass

Vader

Bathory

Poison (Also a German metal band as well as the famous one)

Venom

Wild Pussy...so bad it's good.

Also this recent trend among shitty indie pop bands to name themselves "The..." e.g The Killers, The Wombats, The Libertines, The Horrors, The Ting Tings, The Kaiser Chiefs etc.

Sorry to be pendantic, but they're not called The Kaiser Chiefs, they're just called Kaiser Chiefs.

The Smiths, The Rolling Stones, Guns N Roses and The Bouncing Souls are probably my favourite band names. They all fit so well. I also really like Awolnation too, but can't begin to explain why.

Terrible names include Avenged Sevenfold, Job For A Cowboy, Scouting For Girls, No Use For A Name (although I quite like it when shortened to No Use) and Polar Bear Club.

• Paid Members
Bolt Thrower

I'll have no bad words about Bolt Thrower, Coventry doesn't usually produce much music that's known around the world. Although, i think thier cover artwork has been done by people who draw Warhammer art....

They were/are on Warhammer Records, which dictated that they had to incorporate the artwork and themes into their work. I'm trying to think of some of the other bands that were on the same label.

A band called Bolt Thrower would be better singing about RSJ's and other such things.

While on the subject of Bolt Thrower, I always thought that Artex would be a good name for a band.

There actually is a band called RSJ, interviewed 'em a few years back. Their sound is pretty fucking heavy, as their name would suggest. Dissapintingly no lyrics about metalwork.

Archived