Kane

danchilton

• Paid Members

Kane looks like your Hick six-and-a-half-foot uncle in those photos, which is a shame as I'm a huge Kane fan :(

I thought Kane from 2001 onwards was pretty good though. He had a brilliant run at the 2001 Royal Rumble where he was made to look nigh-on unstoppable again; won the Intercontinental Championship from Triple H; was one of the top guys on the RAW brand (after returning from an injury) capturing the World Tag Team Championship with The Hurricane and was one of the most over guys on the RAW brand.

I loved Kane during this period, and then when he was unmasked in 2003 it just kinda of deflated. He turned into an Uncle Fester-type character with the goofy grin and tendencies, bobbing about in "feuds" with the likes of Batista and Goldberg, and losing. Bar his run as World Heavyweight Champion last year, his rivalries with the likes of MVP haven't really lit a fire under me (no pun intended).

• Paid Members

I love Kane. I think he's a guy that, in the years after his retirement, people are going to remember far more fondly (kind of what happened with Batista). I kinda hope he keeps the hair when he comes back. It would be a bit different and I don't think he'll hang around too long before retiring anyway.

• Paid Members

Kane must be watching Mark Henry's current run and thinking 'I wouldn't mind some of that'. If Kevin Nash can come back and get himself looking ripped in his fifties then Kane should be able to do it in his mid-forties no bother. If he was motivated to do that then I wouldn't mind seeing him get a run at the top end of the card. Mark Henry seems to be thriving on feuds with other powerhouses and Kane has an obvious reason to want revenge. The angle's all set up, it's just a matter of when they do it and where they go with it. I really wouldn't want to see Kane going over Henry, but if Kane came back only to get his ass handed to him again, then it pretty much buries him.Forget about the mask too, it's ancient history.

It was called 2010. Kane was World Champion for 5 months.
Shit, you're right. I remember him getting a run but had forgotten how long he actually held it for. It was a pretty forgettable reign. The only thing I remember from it was Edge pushing Paul Bearer around in a wheelchair.

Archived