The UKFF Top Five Champions Ever

A Screen Up

Just emailed mine off. Didn't have time to research, watch matches or anything like that so I just put down the first five names that came into my head for each category, added/removed a few, then messed about with the order a bit.

Perhaps it's better than way. Part of being a "great champion" is the ability to stand out from the crowd. To 'Be The Man'. Drawing money and having good matches are great but when I think of 'The Man' in various eras it tends to be the person who convinced me he was that regardless of statistics or who was my favourite at the time.

Please feel free to ask any questions or to nominate any other championships.

NWA Tag Team

I second this, all day long. Some of the greatest ever tag teams were gone before the tag titles became WCW tag titles.

Totally. A lot of the best teams never or only held them for a cup of coffee (Road Warriors). After reading that I've taken them as counting as a category and included them (NWA Tag Belts) on mine.

I think this could be a grand thread just based on the WWE championship alone.

Actually i tried to do a similar thread years ago based on a PWI Issue that graded all WWE/World champions A-D, doing the thread on how you'd grade all the WWE/World champions since that issue (which was like 2002 or something). It didn't really catch on, so maybe not.

Sounds interesting. Think I missed that.

isn't there, even though I admit that I believe him to be the greatest performer in the history of American wrestling. There is a marked difference between a great performer and a great champion. I consider three out of four of Shawn's reigns to be unremarkable aside from some of the circumstances around winning (Montreal) or losing a title (losing his smile, heh), and while his first reign had some good matches in it, it is reported to have done little to turn business around, and the only challenger he had that came out the other side looking any stronger than when they went in was Sid, who did so because he won the title.

That's my criteria as well: 1. Who was most memorable as champion; 2. Who I thought did a good job in the role of champion; 3. Who made their challengers look strong. Haven't looked at the house show gates, PPV numbers (for those in recent years since for a lot of those champions it is irrelevant) or who had the most WON four star matches.

Also, in my case there is there is: 4. Who I have seen. If I haven't seen them work a match as champion I didn't include them, regardless of reputation.

I could shoot myself right now, I really could. I've just spent over an hour tallying up all of the votes and then typing them up in here. I then went to click 'preview post', it said I needed to log in and then brought me onto the main forum. So, yeah I'm sorry about the delay, I'll type them back up by tomorrow evening at the latest and have all of the brackets up. Fuck.

I don't have the time to type it all back out again tonight, so I'll do it in reverse and put up BRACKET A first:

WWE Championship

1) Hulk Hogan

2) Steve Austin

3) John Cena

4) JBL

5) The Rock

WWE World Heavyweight Championship (2002-)

1) Edge

2) Triple H

3) Batista

4) Mark Henry

5) Undertaker

WCW World Championship (-2001)

1) Hulk Hogan

2) Big Van Vader

3) Ric Flair

4) Sting

5) Lex Luger

TNA World Championship

1) Jeff Jarrett

2) Kurt Angle

3) Sting

4) AJ Styles

5) Samoa Joe

Quick points: Sting and Hulk Hogan are the only wrestlers to enter positions twice in Bracket A (Hogan gaining top place twice); Almost half of the people who voted mentioned just how difficult it was to name five credible TNA World champions.

Again, I apologise for the delay with this. A big thank you to everybody who did vote.

if you are going to be pedantic about it you are right.

a couple of the categorys were confusing due to cross linerages.

jarret was champion when it was asosiated with NWA so was NWA champ, if you check the TNA List he isn't there.

Another one that got me was the WWE Light heavyweight champion. I thought this was a funny belt to go for since the WWE cruserweight title has the WCW linage.

I notice that somone in the thread voted for Rey mysterio when in fact he was never lightheavyweight Champ he was crusier champ.

The ones I voted for was in the Malenko X pac Gillberg era which is really what the title refers to.

anyway be intresting to see how the list turns out.

Archived