Walt Disney World

PepperPlunge

I guess it is being a bit picky. I dont really mind them keeping the Magic Kingdom stuff as it is their iconic park and is mainly for kids but stuff like Indy and alot of the stuff at Epcot needs updating, particularly some of the educational stuff there.

Plus Disney dont always get updates right, the funniest thing ive seen was when they replaced the Alien ride with a Lilo and Stitch ride but all they did was replace the alien model that comes through the ceiling and scares everyone with Stitch. The end result was a room full of kids screaming and trying to get out, tears, the smell of a lot of soiled underpants and the ride finishing early.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few days in and there are just no queues for any of the rides, which is great. The Harry Potter land is very well done and the ride is so good that all the other simulator rides in Universal like Spiderman, The Simpsons and ET just pale in comparison.

Best ride in Universal is still the Hulk Rollercoaster though

• Awards Moderator

All of you in this thread are bastards, in the nicest possible way. You've all made me absolutely on-my-knees desperate to go to these places. If I had some friends with the money to come with me, I'd be there like a shot (only a shot that takes until next October to arrive).

Maybe one year or another I'll get there - but when it comes to booking places to stay and tickets and things, I'm asking you lot for advice first! It's been great reading everyone's experiences, despite the jealousy I get as a result.

• Paid Members

OOOO a Orlando thread!

I love the place, im currently looking into a 2 week break in 2013 but waiting to see if disney offer free dining before i book.

I would have to say to see the "real" disney you have to stay on site. Extra hours are the best perk, for example a few years back me and the mrs where walking around MK at 12pm the park was dead the castle was all alight and it was nice and cool.

We tend to do one week in a hotel on idrive, this allows us to do sea worlds 3 parks, and the uni ones. Then we pack up and move to disney for week.

I will say my top tip is for the Uni parks but tends to work in most of them. EARLY!!!!!! people tend to have trouble getting to parks for opening times. Be it they want a lay in or they cant get the kids ready. This allows you to hit the big rides before the crowds.

For example in december last year we went to islands of adven. Got there for rope drop.

Went straight to Harry potter and walked on, then to hulk, spiderman and JPark. By the time we had done them the main corwd had turned up and ques where 30 -40 minutes. Mean time we where back at the start of the park and walking around at a nice pace picking up rides and shows that others where missing inm order to get on the main rides.

The sheer amount going on in 2013 makes it a great time to go.

Uni will have a dispicable me ride, and they have just said Jaws is closing in Jan 2012 to make way for something.

Disney will have the Fantasy land done.

Sea world are adding two new rides.

Test track is being re done at epcot.

May 2013 cant wait!!!

Archived