Walt Disney World

PepperPlunge

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disney is a massive place. If youve not been before I would say give each park a day. I would also rank them like this for adults:

1.Hollywood Studios

2.Animal Kingdom

3.Magic Kingdom

99.Epcot

And I would favour Universal Studios anyway. The hoppers generally dont work because queues in Dinsey parks are so big that even if you were very selective with rides you wouldnt have much time left.

As far as I can remember fast pass tickets are available for everyone, just get them as soon as you get into the park as the big rides with big queues get snapped up very quickly.

• Paid Members

If you are going at a quiet time of year, and if you only wanted to do 1 or 2 rides per park, and not spend any time looking at or experiencing any of the cool stuf that is there, you may do it in 2 days. you would miss out on a hell of a lot though.

The transport between the parks can take up to 40 minutes alone. If you have only 2 days, do Universal as Frankie Crisp suggests. We did most of the Studios in 1 day, and as long as you get to Island of Adventures early and hip Harry Potter first thing, you should get round that in a day as well.

Right, this is all very helpful. I'm now thinking of doing Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios over 2 days. Everyone bar one person is saying Epcot isn't that good. Is it worth not going to Animal Kingdom as we're going to the Everglades? Or is it a whole different story?

Thanks again!

• Paid Members

Epcot really is the ginger step child of the Disney Parks. The idea of the park is good, as it's based around what the future will be like. Unfortunately, it was built decades ago and the perception they had of the future then is incredibly outdated now. It would benefit largely from being shut for a year and giving it a much needed refurbishment.

I love Epcot, but we went there the very first day, before anything else. So pretty much EVERYTHING was exciting and new and holiday and awesome. I can see why, if I'd have gone after some of the other Disney sites or Universal it would have been shit, but I loved it. World Showcase was a decent little walk, and there's actually some cool rides/simulators. Class fountains as well.

See, it does all sound boring there doesn't it? But go on the first day and it will be exciting as buggery.

It's not worth trying to rush through parks. They are far too big and you need to take it all in to get the full experience. Try and rush it and it will just be stressful and ruin the experience. Depending on the time of year queues for rides can run up to the 2 hour mark, even for something like 'It's a Small World'.

I actually don't mind Epcot. Sure it's not as awesome as the other parks but it's still worth going to and as others have said, the world showcase is pretty cool.

Orlando is a great experience if done right, I honestly would recommend actually taking a two week holiday and making the most on what is on offer. Oh and if you hire a car, get yourself to Walmart. I'm sure I put on about a stone eating cheap, loaded in fat, American food lol.

• Paid Members
This is a joke, right? Disney World in Orlando is the size of a city. When I went a few years ago, we did one week in Disney World and one week at Universal Studios, and there were still large portions of both we had to forgo.

Magic kingdom is a 2 1/2 day mission at least if you want to see all the shows and do all the excellent stuff that is there. The detail is incredible, and you can happily spend hours just looking round without eeven thinking about going on a ride.

Disney Hollywood Studio's is doable in 1 day as long as you start early and finish late, as is Animal Kingdom. Epcot is more of a wander round and enjoy type of place. A couple of excellent rides, but more of a feast for the eyes.

I fookin love Orlando.

• Paid Members

Again just to echo what everyone else has said, there is no way you would get around anymore than one park in the day. If you only had one park, Magic Kingdom is the really the one to do. Although my proffered was the Hollywood studios it had the best rides.

I plan on getting a one day hopper pass. Two days in Disney plus Universal just doesn't seem do-able now. We'll probably spend the whole time in Magic Kingdom but if we do miraculously have any time to go to another park, we'll go to the Hollywood Studios one. I should have thought about the possibility of Orlando when booking the trip.

I'll be there when the gates open until about 7pm. I realise I'm not going to go on many rides or see a lot of what there is to do which is a shame. I should never have looked on the Disney World page and then I'd never have considered going and then I wouldn't have any regrets when I have to leave! Fuck!

If you have never been to Disney World before you need at least a full day at all of the parks, if you have been previously you can probably do Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios in half a day(if not going during peak times)

Try and head to EPCOT on the night, it's the best time to do that park.

Archived