Do Titles matter anymore?

AJS269

I've said it before but will say it again. Many more TV defences are needed, Ziggler has held the US belt for most of the year I would guess but I cant recall many defences, every time he is in singles action it should be defended in my opinion. Have matches with no build up for the title then pay per views to pay off feuds around the titles. Every so often have what seems like an obvious retention of the title end up as a switch and suddenly the old "anything can happen in the WWE" tag line becomes relevant again. Everything is so predictable and formulaic now. It has been said many times by others but it is valid - if WWE dont care about certain things, why should we?

Personally i do think they matter, i don't think they get given the respect they deserve but they do still allow reason behind events and storylines. If the lesser titles didnt exist then the midcarders wouldn't have any real reason to get into storylines and wouldn't have any real way to progress up the ranks.

I've said it before but will say it again. Many more TV defences are needed, Ziggler has held the US belt for most of the year I would guess but I cant recall many defences, every time he is in singles action it should be defended in my opinion. Have matches with no build up for the title then pay per views to pay off feuds around the titles. Every so often have what seems like an obvious retention of the title end up as a switch and suddenly the old "anything can happen in the WWE" tag line becomes relevant again. Everything is so predictable and formulaic now. It has been said many times by others but it is valid - if WWE dont care about certain things, why should we?

I agree but i think the world title should be an exeption, they're the special titles and i think they should be saved for ppv's as something special. Also, what happened to the days where an IC or Tag title defence would be the main event of a show?

I agree but i think the world title should be an exeption, they're the special titles and i think they should be saved for ppv's as something special. Also, what happened to the days where an IC or Tag title defence would be the main event of a show?

I just think people need more defences so either have all titles on all PPVs and have long reigns or have much more TV defences, especially the US / IC and tag belts, we dont need the women there so we dont need the belt. When the pool of talent is 2 or 3 workers its a pointless division, same could be said for tag division but that is easier rectified

All about the champ and challenger,take 89-91 i-c title,champions - warrior,rude,perfect,von erich,bret hart,challengers rude,beefcake,warrior,bret hart,perfect,santana martel,bulldog,haku,piper,

World title champs savage,hogan,warrior,challengers dibiase,rude,savage,warrior,hogan,earthquake,slaughter,big boss man,Andre

Tag champs demolition,brainbusters,Andre haku,harts,nastys,legion of doom, challengers,rockers,power and glory,powers of pain,orient express,rougeus

Archived