Top Of The Pop

PowerButchi

• Moderators

Gary Barlow is a fucking fantastic song writer. He's matured into some kind of 00's Brian Wilson.

And he has. I honestly believe people will be talking about songs like Rule the World, The Flood and Greatest Day in hugely complimentary ways in 15 or so years time.

• Paid Members

It's funny looking at how Robbie Williams and Gary Barlow's careers and personal lifes have went the past few years. Robbie Williams is a mess and decided to jump back on the Take That ship, after his solo career was dwindling. Barlow just seems to turn up, get his shit in and collect a massive pay cheque. Even before the Take That reunion he had a great life, writing songs for other people and collecting a massive pay cheque.

Since we're on the topic, Shine doesn't get enough love. I know it has been whored out by Morrisons, but it is a fantastic bit of uplifting pop music.

• Paid Members

Good to see some Gary Barlow love. It's rare to see him get the praise he deserves for writing songs as ridiculously catchy as Rule The World.

Speaking of which, am I the only one who really enjoyed Stardust? I thought it was a fun family film.

• Paid Members
Speaking of which, am I the only one who really enjoyed Stardust? I thought it was a fun family film.

I'm with you on this Green, I love that film. The dead brothers never fail to amuse me and Robert De Niro is class as Captain Shakespeare.

• Paid Members
Good to see some Gary Barlow love. It's rare to see him get the praise he deserves for writing songs as ridiculously catchy as Rule The World.

Best pop song of the past ten years.

Oh no there you lose me. That honor goes to this:

• Moderators

Biology is secondary to Love Machine, and Love Machine is secondary to Rule the World.

• Paid Members

Biology is secondary to Love Machine, and Love Machine is secondary to Rule the World.

Love Machine is also a tune.

Thoughts on Kylie? I'm a big fan.

• Paid Members
I'm with Green on Biology. Amazing tune. Call The Shots is also amazing.

Call The Shots and Can't Speak French were both fantastic too. The entire Tangled Up album is well worth a listen.

Annie is ok too. Don't let the fact that Flaming June likes her put you off.

Archived