What a [edit: good person] this bloke is

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeff Hardy's new gimmick is being a Kaman Rider villain?

In answer to Ian's question, I think Hogan sees in Abyss a classic monster heel he could have a programme with, but isn't good enough to truely get over on his own, so he wouldn't steal his spotlight. I doubt Hogan ever saw TNA before so had a look at the roster and picked what he thought was the best of a bad bunch. Someone who's really big and isn't called Matt Morgan

• Paid Members

What about the other 7 years before Hogan and Bischoff showed up? I dont even think Hogan's got anything to do with pushing Abyss. The past history suggests he doesn't, because Abyss has always been pushed heavily. The only reason Bischoff and Hogan latched onto him when they first showed up was because he has power and they wanted a powerful backup when they talked turkey with the higher ups. Abyss has more stroke than 90% of the locker room. He's TNA's Triple H. Expect Abyss is fucking someone else, if you believe the rumours. I remember Konnan saying in 2006 while he was still under contract, Carter, Jarrett, Russo, Abyss, Borash and Bob Ryder are tight as fuck and look out for each other. Abyss will be around forever, getting pushed forever, being shit forever.

• Paid Members
What about the other 7 years before Hogan and Bischoff showed up? I dont even think Hogan's got anything to do with pushing Abyss. The past history suggests he doesn't, because Abyss has always been pushed heavily. The only reason Bischoff and Hogan latched onto him when they first showed up was because he has power and they wanted a powerful backup when they talked turkey with the higher ups. Abyss has more stroke than 90% of the locker room. He's TNA's Triple H. Expect Abyss is fucking someone else, if you believe the rumours. I remember Konnan saying in 2006 while he was still under contract, Carter, Jarrett, Russo, Abyss, Borash and Bob Ryder are tight as fuck and look out for each other. Abyss will be around forever, getting pushed forever, being shit forever.

Can we have more Bob Ryder sleaze please?

• Paid Members
FFS, that Jeff Hardy mask looks like one of those 49p plastic ones you had as a kid. You know the ones, where the elastic used to rip your hair out when you took it off. Just look at him- he looks rotten.

It will also make them a load of cash in terms of merch sales. If we like him or hate him, there are enough people who will always want to buy his shit, he has become over with face paint (much like sting did), why not capitalise on that and make a mask to sell to stupid people (like sting did).

Obviously Stings mask was cool as it was the same design as his crow face paint. Hardys looks like it comes free with "2 Ninja Force Extreme Robot Cops" or 'insert other cheap shite figure' you could pick up from the pound shop.... but it will sell, and it will sell loads and TNA/Hardy will make a fortune. Especially considering it looks like it costs the monetary equivalent of a wasps fart to produce.

• Paid Members
I think abyss looks like a monster and I like the blackhole slam, its just his wrestling that really sucks

He has been at TNA way too long, I wonder if WWE would be interested as vince loves the big guys

Vince generally likes big guys that look good. Abyss looks like a fucking mess. He wouldn't look out of place ramming a copy of Big Issue under your nose.

I dont get him either and when he runs at somebody in the corner he looks so uncoordinated kinda like when Steve McMichael used to try and do the flair strut but do it completely wrong.

Also I watched impact on sunday and when he was announced as the other partner with anderson/hardy in the 6-man, was it me or was there no reaction what so ever - I know they usually pipe all sorts in for those tapings!

• Paid Members

He looked really good some time last year, before the big "They" angle all kicked off, just coming out and choke slamming people off the stage, but since then (once more) he's been made to look like a right idiot.

He could be pure greatness, but is just turd. He needs to go away again, and come back as a "Destroy everything and everyone" kinda monster.

There was a time when, for the company that existed at the time, he was a good asset. When he was managed by Sinister Minister, and he didn't talk, and was relatively slim and played a straight monster.

The slide really came when he returned for his next run. He'd put on huge amounts of weight, and they'd rejigged his character so he was an escapee mental patient rather than a masked monster. That's when he started running like a spastic, waving his hands in the air and all that. It's also when he started talking. He wore a stupid jumpsuit that killed his mystique as well. To top it all, he was repositioned as a hardcore wrestler in their abortion of a hardcore division, the "monsters" division.

All of that pretty much destroyed any gravitas his character had, and he's done nothing since to get it back.

Archived