What a [edit: good person] this bloke is

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

This bloke is rotten. Someone please give me any reason why he's being pushed, that doesnt include Bob Ryder, Johnson's babyrub and the Impact Zone bogs. How can anyone think this bloke is capable of getting over or have any likable qualities at all?

tnaturningpoint2011hdtvw.jpg

Abyss and Anderson wrestled Steiner and Bully Ray for 12 minutes. It was the hottest match of the night as far as crowd reaction. Nobody cared about the tag titles, nobody cared about the main event, you could hear a cat eating a tin of Felix in the next room when Morgan and Crimson wrestled, but during this bout, one man was over. Scott Steiner cut a promo, saying he'd been to Parts Unknown and saw Abyss' girlfriend and "ugly doesnt do it justice" and she was "FAT!". Bully Ray was just as funny saying "you will be in the ring with one half of the greatest tag team of all time, and Scott Steiner", to which Steiner shouted "I'm the greatest tag team of all time". It was brilliant. The fans were big into Steiner. They chanted "Steiner, Steiner" to which they chanted along, but instead of yelling his own name, he raised a riddle finger and chanted "fuck you, fuck you, fuck you". It wasnt a smattering of "Steiner" chants. The whole of the Impact Zone were as loud as they've been in years. They are so into him. When they havent got the button to pipe in boos and manipulate real crowd reaction, you see who's really over. Steiner, at the age of 49 hit a Frankensteiner on Anderson. But wasnt the legal man, so Abyss pinned Steiner for an unpopular victory. Afterwards, Bully and Scotty put Abyss through a table. Abyss no sold it and the Dudliner Brothoyz (I made that name up :)) ran like the clappers. They gave every smart fan, casual fan, jaded fan and Impact Zone Mutant the wrong finish. Unreal. Bully Ray was great as well (he does a spot where Steiner shows his massive arm, and Bully shows his calf muscle). The less said about Anderson the better as well.

So Abyss is now being pushed as the next big thing again, and TNA has put a statement of intent out with this news that Impact will probably back to being shit soon. In other news ...

tnaturningpoint2011hdtvz.jpg

Jeff Hardy wears a mask which is either brilliant or the worst thing since the Yeti bummed The Phantom of the Opera Hogan.

EDIT: Ignore the above. He's alright, our Chris.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Should be worth noting, this wasnt intended to be a Turning Point thread. Just to say how shit Abyss was, but if you want to discuss the PPV fair enough. Austin Aries is brilliant. Kid Kash is still great. Football Boy took a beating for the whole match and Aries won. He never even got a comeback. That was great, I thought. Also, say what you want about Jeff Hardy, but his entrance video and the intro to his music has a big time feel about it. The colourful flashing images on the big screen with the guitar riff is great. That was it really. AJ and Roode were fighting against an injury to Styles and the crowd not giving a toss.

• Paid Members

I didn't even know there was a TNA ppv. Just read the results. No James Storm, Kurt Angle, Hogan, Flair on the show? The PPV seemed to be low in star power compared to normal. And I've probably forgot a couple of other big names too.

• Paid Members
No James Storm, Kurt Angle, Hogan, Flair on the show? The PPV seemed to be low in star power compared to normal. And I've probably forgot a couple of other big names too.

Storm's injured, Angle's injured, Hogan's taking time off to because they want to build him up for a big return. They are planning on Hogan and Garrett vs Flair and Eric. And Hogan might wrestle in the Lethal Lockdown as well. Hogan's found out he can do the Abdullah the Butcher gimmick, so I'd imagine Hogan hasn't wrestled his last match just yet. Your right though. TNA looked bare without the big names on the show. Without Angle, Flair, Sting and Hogan, TNA looks like it did back in the Nashville Days (especially with Jarrett and Hardy wrestling each other).

• Paid Members
I didn't even know there was a TNA ppv. Just read the results. No James Storm, Kurt Angle, Hogan, Flair on the show? The PPV seemed to be low in star power compared to normal. And I've probably forgot a couple of other big names too.

They also set up the main event in a quick segment at the end if Impact. It's TNA's current PPV model. They'll build up three or four shows proper and spend the rest of the PPVs filling time and telling you to watch Impact.

Anyway, I didn't watch this and Abyss is indeed poopy.

Ian, any news on how badly hurt Angle is and when he'll be back?

I honestly don't know who I hate more; Abyss, Jeff Hardy or Mr. Anderson.

I'll actually fast-forward every TNA segment involving either of the three. They really are poopy.

Watching the PPV it became clear just how shit most of the TNA faces are. Without Hogan and Storm there, the likes of Anderson, Abyss and Hardy stick out as bloody awful now. I always used to kind of give Hardy the benefit of the doubt, as he is capable of great things, but this whole last TNA run has been pretty poor. Even the Impact Zone Retards seem to have cooled on him. RVD is a dullard most of the time too.

Steiner, Bully Ray, A Double and Kid Kash are all gold though. The Heels are just too entertaining when compared to most of the dull face crew.

Add Ink Inc and Morgan and Crimson to the "Faces I don't care at all about" pile too.

The whole PPV was forgettable.

When a backstage promo (Bully/Steiner) easily steals the whole show, you are doing something wrong.

• Paid Members
This bloke is rotten. Someone please give me any reason why he's being pushed

a) He's big.

b) He falls on pointy things, and that seemed to work for Foley. As did pulling his hair out. And losing teeth. And wearing a strappy mask over his face. Tonight Matthew, I'm going to be Mankind.

Archived