UK-based political satire

Vice

I absolutely love The Daily Show, The Colbert Report and Real Time With Bill Maher. As far as I can tell, we don't have anything close to those shows on the major channels here, at least not until 10 O'Clock Live returns next year. So, can anyone please recommend me any running political satire that I'm missing on either TV or radio?

Thanks.

THIS IS THE NEWS.

Yeah, it's 15/20 years old, but it's still the king. The Friday Night Armistice is also a fantastic shout, if you don't mind Major government-era laughs. The Thick of It is definitely the best thing going just now, but Have I Got News For You is always a laugh too.

I would give an organ to have Chris Morris back on the TV.

THIS IS THE NEWS.

Yeah, it's 15/20 years old, but it's still the king. The Friday Night Armistice is also a fantastic shout, if you don't mind Major government-era laughs. The Thick of It is definitely the best thing going just now, but Have I Got News For You is always a laugh too.

I would give an organ to have Chris Morris back on the TV.

He's done bits and pieces since brass eye, look up jam, in particular, that's a very wonderful thing.

It's been revealed that the junior treasury minister Michael Portillo carries a sawn-off shotgun to constituency meetings, corners children in parks and chews their cheeks, and has frequent sexual intercourse with stray animals, claiming "As long as it's got a backbone, I'll do it". That story we reported last week, and have since discovered it to be untrue.

Archived