Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

I get a lot of pointless and irrelevant press releases by e-mail in my work writing tech news (allergy sprays from Australia being a perennial waste of my time), so I was cheered to get this one:

Hello!

Tonight on BIG BROTHER, Frank Eudy's father - former world wrestling champion Sid Vicious - talks about how is son is doing in the game. Here is a sneak peek clip of Sid Vicious discussing BIG BROTHER which will air during tonight's broadcast at 9:00 PM ET/PT on CBS:

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-enterta...atch=4khn2kme7u

Please let me know if you want additional clips tomorrow morning of Sid Vicious on BIG BROTHER.

Thanks!

Sienna

Sienna Sanders

Manager, Publicity

CBS Studio Center

• Paid Members

I cant watch the video right now, but is Sid in Big Brother over there?? It would be fantastic if he was in ours ; I can hear Bentley now proclaiming "SID has been called to the diary room to explain to Big Brother why he powerbombed Ziggy."

In truth, there aren't many entertainment vehicles that wouldn't be better with the inclusion of Sid. Might not be allowed on Blue Peter though.

WWE superstar Mark Henry is currently in London for the Olympic games. The UK's Daily Mirror has an article up detailing Henry's visit.

Henry, who competed in the Olympics 20 years ago back in 1992, has been tweeting photos of himself with various Olympic athletes.

Jim Ross:

WWE Recruiting Olympic Athletes: "Had lunch Friday with former Olympic Wrestling Coach Lee Roy Smith who is a huge asset to our recruiting efforts with amateur wrestlers throughout the nation. Lee Roy is also the Executive Director of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame ... WWE officials along with Mark Henry are in London at the Olympic Games doing some important due diligence for WWE Developmental. Stay tuned."

WWE.com interview with Jake Herbert us olympic wrestling hope.

herbert2009.jpg

WWE's website recently spoke with former two-time NCAA Champion and WWE fan Jake Herbert. The freestyle wrestler will be competing for the gold medal in the 185 lb. weight class on August 11th at the Olympic Games in London. Here are some highlights:

WWE.com: Has the Warrior influenced your game plan on the mat at all? Have you considered wearing tassels or trying to gorilla press opponents? (Herbert went as Warrior for Halloween a few years back)

Jake Herbert: (Laughs) That's how I try to run out there. I try to run out like Ultimate Warrior. I do a lot of pacing, I pump myself up a lot. I like to think when I go on the mat and I wrestle, I block out whatever happens. When I wake up, my hand's raised, [and] I look all over, there's blood everywhere and a guy who's crying, and I

Edited by moofasa

- Sean Christopher Haire, who appeared for World Wrestling Entertainment and World Championship Wrestling as a Sean O'Haire, is now trying his hand at a new profession: hair styling.

The South Magazine conducted an interview with the three-time WCW World Tag Team Champion regarding his endeavor and notes in an article, "Two or three times during our interview, Haire says something cool and outside the window, perfectly timed lightning shatters the sky. Some people have a flair for the dramatic. Which is one of the reasons he plans to make a great hair stylist."

A couple of interesting notes about an upcoming TNA house show. I'll put it in a spoiler tag, just in case.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

The website of the Bowie Baysox baseball team, whose staduim will host a TNA "Basebrawl" house show on September 1st, is advertsing Drew Hankinson (which is Luke Gallows' real name) for the show. I guess, that seems to confirm he's joined TNA. Kenny King is also advertised.

Interestingly enough, the site first listed Austin Aries as a former World champion but since then that's been changed to current World champion.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by pgi86

As WWE Superstars were arriving to San Antonio International Airport Sunday evening for tonight's Raw show, Rosa Mendes appeared intoxicated coming off her flight and was immediately arrested by police, according to two eyewitness accounts on Twitter.

WWE announcer Scott Stanford appeared to confirm the rumor with the following Twitter post Monday morning: "#FreeRosa."

Courtest of lordsofpain.net