Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

But if KENTA was to take the belt, they'd really be cutting Shiozaki off at the knees again.....

Do you think Go is strong enough to come through that with his credibility though, or would it be another Tenzan? I'm inclined to believe Shiozaki will always be there or there abouts, it's simply KENTA's time.
What credibility tho? He won his first reign directly through Misawa's death, had one tribute defense against Saito and then lost to Sugiura. He got some steam in 2010 by beating two aces of NJPW (one to whom he'd already lost too, the other who would get his win back later) but lost to Sugiura a second time. By the time he came to take the belt back from Sugiura, all three of their Title matches were Sugiura dominated and made Shiozaki look like an underdog. Now he's got his time as "ace" with victories over Akiyama and Takayama and he has quietly come into his own to look a worthy generation Champion (something I especially noticed at the All Together show when he stood his own charisma and fan appeal wise against Suwama and Tanahashi specifically) but if he were to lose the belt in V3, what's to stop him from becoming another Jun Akiyama?Akiyama got his first GHC run and when NOAH hadn't built up enough challengers for him to defend against, he lost the belt to Ogawa. Some people say, and I agree, that this really prevented Akiyama from reaching a level of "Ace" that he might have done if he was the first person to win the GHC instead of the second, and had more of a reign with the belt. Admittedly Akiyama was stalled back in AJPW when he could have won the TC back then, and the NOAH split while gave him a headline run against Kobashi during it's early days, ultimately led to Misawa crowned as first champ.Look at the last person to end a lengthy GHC reign, Takeshi Rikio. I know Rikio's fault was he was the wrong man for the job at the time, but Sugiura is coming off a very long reign as Champ that strengthened the GHC Title. If Shiozaki was to drop the ball a second time (at least this time it would be to a "young" guy rather than one of the old hands) I feel it would really hurt his position as ace and saviour of NOAH that some people are bestowing upon him. Edited by cobystag

Kayfabe Commentaries recently sat down with "The Ninth Wonder of the World" Chyna to dish on a number of topics including Triple H, Sean Waltman, WWE, TNA, past suicide attempts and more. During the "YouShoot" interview, she reveals that she dated Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake when she was 18 years old. This would have occurred in 1989 when Beefcake was a top star in the World Wrestling Federation.

• Paid Members
JOHN MORRISON-WWE UPDATE

By Dave Scherer on 2011-11-23 10:09:57

As we mentioned on the hot news hotline yesterday, John Morrison is scheduled to finish up with WWE at the 11/28 Raw.

We have heard that TNA is definitely interested in bringing him in, with some sources saying that they would like to pair him up with Melina. There is also talk of making him be a star in the X Division and having him work a program with Austin Aries.

If/when he goes to TNA, he will have to use a new ring name as WWE owns the "John Morrison" moniker.

JOHN MORRISON-WWE UPDATE

As we mentioned on the hot news hotline yesterday, John Morrison is scheduled to finish up with WWE at the 11/28 Raw.

We have heard that TNA is definitely interested in bringing him in, with some sources saying that they would like to pair him up with Melina. There is also talk of making him be a star in the X Division and having him work a program with Austin Aries.

If/when he goes to TNA, he will have to use a new ring name as WWE owns the "John Morrison" moniker.

Shame, I'll miss seeing him get pinned every week. Good riddance overall though, hope there's no last minute change and doesn't re-sign. I don't have to watch him over in TNA.

• Paid Members

Yeah. There's no contract after the 28th, so there's no 90 clause. How long ago was it that Melina was released? I wonder if they were going to get rid of both of them but sacked her and took the opinion of just jobbing him out for 90 days instead of letting him sit at home?

All hail Johnny !mpact

That actually sounds like a name they'd probably use. The name "Used Johnny" would be more appropriate in this case though. TNA could even do a big billboard campaign with Morrison in Times Square with the slogan "Vince Doesn't Use Johnnys".

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

Awesome, i actually think he'd work in TNA. He's got a style that will get the impact zone mongs going mental for him, and the wrestlers seem to get a lot more freedom in TNA, so there's a chance he'll do alright on the mic. When he first became John Morrison and when he was Johnny Nitro he had his moments on the mic, TNA won't be as restricting as WWE so he'll do alright.

Besides, he's a relatively big name in wresting, he's main evented a PPV for WWE within the past year (Extreme Rules) so TNA will see this as a decent scoop and he'll be guaranteed a strong push.

Edited by 7_inch_m_4_u

I can't see him being X Div, he's too big a star for that. He'll drop into the bulging upper middle division, along with Jarrett, RVD, Anderson, Abyss, Bully Ray, Styles, Joe, and everyone else!

• Paid Members
JOHN MORRISON-WWE UPDATE

For Fuck's Sake TNA :angry: