Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
Let's actually put some fucking news in this thread, then, and let's have it about Cliff Compton, who deserves his own bloody thread anyway:-

There was an incident recently in Ohio Valley Wrestling between Mohammad Ali Vaez and Cliff Compton over the finish of their match that resulted in Vaez screaming at Compton and the boys keeping Compton from attacking Vaez. Vaez would later say that he was not interested in airing dirty laundry to dirt sheets and the boys are behind Compton saying Vaez had no right to talk to Compton the way he did. Everyone is downplaying the episode but knowing the locker room as I do, I would expect Vaez to be punished in some manner.

http://www.examiner.com/pro-wrestling-in-c...dwin-recovering

Compton's finishing move is now also called the 'Punch 'em In The Balls'.

From that same page - What is Jerry Wiseman's problem with Colt Cabana?

Just a note to promoters, I am happy to push your show unless you book Colt Cabana. I will not endorse any show, regardless of how I may have otherwise supported the promotion, that has Cabana on the booking sheet. I realize that it is just business for you and I would hope that you respect that my not providing copy for any show with Cabana listed is just business for me.

• Paid Members

I was puzzled by that as well although I've no idea who the guy is. Might be worth researching, though.

In other news, apparently Beth Phoenix has unfollowed CM Punk and Lita on Twitter. Ooh.

• Paid Members
I was puzzled by that as well although I've no idea who the guy is. Might be worth researching, though.

In other news, apparently Beth Phoenix has unfollowed CM Punk and Lita on Twitter. Ooh.

What the funk has Punk got with these women. He has a good roll call of lasses to his name.

Kurt Angle Interview on his recent inury,MMA, kevin nash and the wwe hall of fame

Kurt Angle on the hamstring injury he had to work through during his title defenses against Bobby Roode and James Storm: "I did have to be careful of the injury when I wrestled James Storm at the TV tapings. I gave it all I could, which was only one minute of wrestling. I've only missed nine days but now I'm back to Olympic form. It was just a slight tear in my hamstring but there was a lot of bleeding. The bleeding went all the way down my hamstring, down my calf, down my shin, all the way down to my foot. It was black and blue, but the injury wasn't as bad as I thought it was. But now I'm back to training. I've done a lot of interviews and gotten a lot of attention for training for an Olympic comeback. My only obstacle is Jake Barter. He's almost guaranteed to win a medal because he is that good. So if I beat him, USA wrestling wants to make sure I'm capable of winning a medal. So they want me to come out and train at Colorado Springs, and I'm going to do that. I think I have a great shot at making the team."

On getting into MMA: "I've had a lot of talks with Dana White. While he's denied the offers, Dana and I respect each other enough for us not to say exactly what was offered. The thing was, he wanted me to be ready in a short time and I couldn't do that. I wanted months, he wanted weeks. We're good friends and I hope he has great success. But you know what, he's said some negative things about me in the press. I still love him to death. I did pass his physical, meaning I was ready for competition, but he wanted me to be ready in four to six weeks and I couldn't do that. It's impossible. There's also the fact that I'm signed with TNA and Dana didn't want anyone fighting for him and wrestling at the same time. So Dana White, God bless you. Whatever you say, I'll respect that because I know you wanted me to fight for you and wanted me to be your guy."

On Kevin Nash: "I love him to death. I know why he went to WWE. He wanted the carrot. He wanted that carrot they dangled in front of his face. But has the WWE used him the right way since he came back? No. Kevin should come back to TNA where they can use him the way he should be. WWE thinks he's old and washed up but TNA doesn't think that. TNA wants Kevin Nash. He is so gifted, talented, and popular. I want him back in TNA because he's one of my best friends."

On working in wrestling after retirement and potentially joining the WWE Hall of Fame: "If I end up in the Hall of Fame in the WWE, I don't know if I'll accept it. I love Vince McMahon. He made me a lot of money and was like a father figure to me. But Dixie Carter is my boss and I love her to death. So I don't know what I'm going to do. I would like to say that I am not going back to the WWE. But Vince McMahon may offer me something when I retire and I'm done with TNA. But I'd also like to be part of creative or be an agent in TNA. Out of everyone in the world, I am the best at coming up with finishes. I would like to stay with TNA and do that. A lot of people ask if I'd go back if Vince wanted me for WrestleMania, and I don't know the answer to that. But I know I am happy in TNA and I'd like to stay there."

All this and much more can be heard in the full hour long interview with Kurt Angle. This interview, along with countless hours of other original pro-wrestling content, can be found exclusively and for free only on PW 24/7 Radio

Source:

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2011/1...686/kurt-angle/

WWE Hardcore title to return?

Taken from WWE.com:

"For some time, the WWE Universe has been salivating over the possible return of the defunct Hardcore Championship on Twitter and Facebook.

Now, in light of Mick Foley's return on RAW GETS ROCKED this past Monday to reinstate "This is Your Life!," hope has never been stronger as to whether this could actually happen. WWE.com pleads with the The Hardcore Legend to lead the charge and bring back WWE's most brutal titles."

• Paid Members
WWE Hardcore title to return?

Taken from WWE.com:

"For some time, the WWE Universe has been salivating over the possible return of the defunct Hardcore Championship on Twitter and Facebook.

Now, in light of Mick Foley's return on RAW GETS ROCKED this past Monday to reinstate "This is Your Life!," hope has never been stronger as to whether this could actually happen. WWE.com pleads with the The Hardcore Legend to lead the charge and bring back WWE's most brutal titles."

Here's the rest of the article:

While Cody Rhodes' Intercontinental Title symbolizes the emerging excellence of past icons, its out-casted, hardcore cousin stands for the excellence of all-out anarchy. If you think Superstars were worried about

• Paid Members
Out of everyone in the world, I am the best at coming up with finishes.
:confused: I don't know how to react to that comment. On the one hand, I don't remember him doing shit loads of bad finishes, o nthe other; Kurt is noticeably crazy and that's one hell of a statement

• Paid Members

While I loved the Hardcore title, I hope it never comes back. It just doesn't suit anybody on the current roster or the product they are putting out. Back in the day you had Hardcore Holly, Crash, Al Snow, Raven, Tazz, Big Bossman, Mideon, Road Dogg, the Acolytes and many more who all looked like tough, reckless, crazy badass characters who could also bring humour into it and it made great use of the talented undercard. It wouldn't really work these days having Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel fighting backstage and not allowed to hit eachother on the head with anything otherwise management would fine them $5000.

While I loved the Hardcore title, I hope it never comes back. It just doesn't suit anybody on the current roster or the product they are putting out. Back in the day you had Hardcore Holly, Crash, Al Snow, Raven, Tazz, Big Bossman, Mideon, Road Dogg, the Acolytes and many more who all looked like tough, reckless, crazy badass characters who could also bring humour into it and it made great use of the talented undercard. It wouldn't really work these days having Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel fighting backstage and not allowed to hit eachother on the head with anything otherwise management would fine them $5000.

The thing with hardcore title matches is that they were basically the worst possible situation in wrestling -- stuff that hurt but looked like it didn't. It was like silly cartoon violence that nobody took seriously but was dangerous. There was very little reaction or interest in lads smashing each other over the head with stop signs and fire extinguishers, and now half of them are dead or fucked. It just isn't worth it.

• Paid Members

Spoiler from the Global League final over in Noah :

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Morishima pinned KENTA to win the final yesterday.

This SURELY cements that KENTA is taking the title from Shiozaki as it reeks of typical Japanese predictable logical booking as a way of setting Morishima up as KENTA's first challenger?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Spoiler from the Global League final over in Noah :

Morishima pinned KENTA to win the final yesterday.

This SURELY cements that KENTA is taking the title from Shiozaki as it reeks of typical Japanese predictable logical booking as a way of setting Morishima up as KENTA's first challenger?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

And in a bit of Western predictability, Shiozaki pinned KENTA directly during a tag match on the same tour.

I was surprised to see KENTA to make the final, especially seen as he already had his Title match against Shiozaki set before the GL started. Then I thought he'd win the whole thing to add further credibility to his Title shot, and Morishima had already beaten Shiozaki, current GHC Champ, Takayama for the first time in his career, and Akiyama the current AJPW Triple Crown Champion. So he'd still have a claim to challenge for the belt even if he lost the GL.

NOAH have done really well building up KENTA for this Title shot I've thought. NOAH crowds don't tend to buy any chance of a Jnr beating a Heavy, but KENTA is one of the most over people in NOAH, and they've really filled out the 11/27 card unlike KENTA's first GHC Challenge against Marufuji that had a really weak card underneath a "Jnr" main event.

But if KENTA was to take the belt, they'd really be cutting Shiozaki off at the knees again.....

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members
But if KENTA was to take the belt, they'd really be cutting Shiozaki off at the knees again.....

Do you think Go is strong enough to come through that with his credibility though, or would it be another Tenzan? I'm inclined to believe Shiozaki will always be there or there abouts, it's simply KENTA's time.