Richie Freebird

Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Yeh, from what I remember, Cole's only terrible when he's jaded, phoning it in, and/or being yelled at via headset. When he's enjoying himself, he's a lot of fun.

They actually had a couple of New Japan matches on the Benoit DVD set. One of the audio options was commentary by Cole and Tazz. I don't remember any complaints about his performance.

8 minutes ago, JNLister said:

They actually had a couple of New Japan matches on the Benoit DVD set. One of the audio options was commentary by Cole and Tazz. I don't remember any complaints about his performance.

Was it him or Kevin Kelly who called him "Justin Thunder Liger" on that set?

I read in Inside Soap magazine that former Emmerdale actress Roxanne Pallett had recently married her New York firefighter fiance Jason Carrion.

image.png.c8575cc50bb651025e633ce6846886d4.png

I thought the name sounded familiar, turns out it's this bloke who clearly worked some tours over here for LDN at some point.

image.png.ceb1227fd5a448fe62973be25116e2c1.png

My only reason for sharing this "news" is because ever since i've read it, i've been pre-occupied by the idea of them watching the big brother footage together, and him teaching her how to properly sell a worked punch - this is the only place where I feel safe enough to share that information. 

I saw that article the other day, and I immediately thought "what sad act would hook up with her after she was outed as a shit stirring headcase." Turns out it was a wrestler. Makes sense.

I'm trying to find the Impact Wrestling Thread as they're doing a TNA Special on next month, as well as putting on a TNA show during Mania Week at WrestleCon. Shame most of their best "homegrown" guys are all contracted elsewhere. 

3 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I'm trying to find the Impact Wrestling Thread as they're doing a TNA Special on next month, as well as putting on a TNA show during Mania Week at WrestleCon. Shame most of their best "homegrown" guys are all contracted elsewhere. 

So I dont think anyone has posted about the WON awards yet, but here they are:

He's OK now by all accounts, but I love how the UKFF went radio silent on the Steiner news. As if we were to busy finding out if he's alright, like a family member or something, to post about it. 

21 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

He's OK now by all accounts, but I love how the UKFF went radio silent on the Steiner news. As if we were to busy finding out if he's alright, like a family member or something, to post about it. 

I think we just figured the odds were in his favour.

Could this be the end of the road for Steiner? I didnt catch the NWA national titlematch he had , how was he looking then?