Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• 2 weeks later...

Revival released from there wwe contracts with immediate effect

Get those AEW rumours started

They are a good team and some of the booking of them was awful but they've never really done much for me

I think is a move that's good for both Parties

I know people will say they were wasted and what not outside of NXT but considering they were on the main roster for three years I could barely come up with a stand out match or feud they had. They were booked poorly sure but I don't think they lived up to the hype either. 

Edited by Callum1993

They were doomed once they had those injuries right after they debuted, weren't they? Had that not happened, things might have been different for them. But they're definitely more suited to the niche of NXT and AEW than to the major leagues. They were pretty worthless in WWE but could have absolute bangers against the Young Bucks, Page and Omega, the Lucha Bros and Jurassic Express. Definitely a good move.

Edited by King Pitcos

Good on them for backing themselves and getting their release. I'm confident they'll do really well elsewhere when given something meaningful to work with. Their NXT work is tremendous, just another example for WWE not being able to transfer guys successfully onto the main roster.

For those who haven't watch the Edge documentary on the Network from the weekend, turns out he got Dash Wilder into the WWE and helped him train for his comeback. Also seen really Wilder has trademarked 'Cash Wheeler' so that looks to be his new handle.

• Paid Members

I think the Revival could have some brilliant matches in AEW. They need to learn some valuable lessons from Brodie Lee though and not mention WWE or Vince McMahon once. Once you TNA yourself like that it doesn’t even matter if you have good matches or not. You’re a tragic, bitter geek regardless.

Edited by Supremo

Revival are a classic old school tag team that didn't stand a chance on the main roster of WWE because they never invest enough time in the tag division. It's been like that for years. Sure, you get the occasional feud that works well, but on the whole the division is treated pretty damn poorly.

I don't think the Revival are overhyped in the slightest. They're just not what WWE cares about, and I don't think that failure can fall on those two guys.