Richie Freebird

Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

A glorious sight to see so many crybaby fanboys on the Facebook group I'm in for the For The Love Of Wrestling convention about Super Saudi ShitShow 3 (or is it 4?), claiming to be done with WWE, nah the same crybabies will be watching Smackers tomorrow, Raw Monday and Elimination Chamber next Sunday as usual

On 2/28/2020 at 12:02 AM, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

A glorious sight to see so many crybaby fanboys on the Facebook group I'm in for the For The Love Of Wrestling convention about Super Saudi ShitShow 3 (or is it 4?), claiming to be done with WWE, nah the same crybabies will be watching Smackers tomorrow, Raw Monday and Elimination Chamber next Sunday as usual

That would work if the ratings haven’t tanked at unheard of levels over the last few years. They’ve lost half their audience in a few years. People are turning off and it’s not just the magical unicorn casuals. 

On 2/26/2020 at 6:31 AM, DavidB6937 said:

Honestly I didn't realise you were a teenage girl.

Congratulations you seem to have secured a fair few "up votes" from what i am assuming is an insult aimed at me that popped "the boys"?

Maybe i am an adult male that has a different opinion to you and no real desire to insult you back?

14 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

He posted that on Wednesday, why bring it up again now? Sleeping dogs and all that. 

Fair point.

I am not looking to open old wounds. I genuinely have only just read that post.

On 2/29/2020 at 12:08 AM, Yakashi said:

That would work if the ratings haven’t tanked at unheard of levels over the last few years. They’ve lost half their audience in a few years. People are turning off and it’s not just the magical unicorn casuals. 

Yep it'll be interesting to see if those that have turned off will give AEW a chance eventually. If Cody and co can have a long run with decent feedback then they might have a good shot.

Matt Hardy has confirmed he is now a free agent. He has not discussed any future plans as yet and didn’t rule out re-signing with WWE either.

In a time when WWE are signing more talent than ever before and trying to lock down everyone with name recognition they can't be bothered with Matt. That's very odd

1 minute ago, chokeout said:

In a time when WWE are signing more talent than ever before and trying to lock down everyone with name recognition they can't be bothered with Matt. That's very odd

I don't think they didn't try. There was a report saying he'd been offered a chance to go and work with NXT, whether in ring or backstage I'm not sure. They've definitely thrown offers at him, but he's said it's not what he wants creatively.

Matt Hardy is right on the line between talented guy AEW should sign and over the hill, would make them look like the new TNA.

Given they've already got Dustin doing the grizzled veteran shtick, and their experiments with wacky/gothic characters have largely been failures, I think they should probably pass on having him in front of camera.