Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

12 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Early TNA used Owen's death for an angle between Russo and... Piper, was it?

Oh god yeah I remember that, awful stuff. Once they had done their first show there is no way Brett would have been onboard. But while it was in the planning stages I think it is a reasonable hypothetical. He would know he could draw a big crowd in Canada on his own and with the right pitch and financial backer I think his ego would have pushed him to consider it. 

• Paid Members

If you read Jerry Jarrett's first book, the first ever TNA show was supposed to have Bret, Sting, Warrior, Savage, Scott Hall and Scott Steiner on it. Bret didnt fancy it, Sting werent having it, Warrior held them up after agreeing a fee, Savage had previously ripped off Andrew McManus (who ran the forerunner to TNA, the WWA), Scott Steiner was like "lol" and Scott Hall showed up. If they'd have genuinely got that roster for their first taping, there wouldnt have been a second taping. Panda Energy wouldnt have even bailed them out of the debt that lot would have got them in. They actually got Phantasio to dress up as Scott Steiner in the battle royal, to take the piss out of him.

XWF had a class roster, if I remember. That only lasted a taping, but they had everyone who was available and WWF snapped half them up.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I don't know how to link but a fan has tweeted Braun Strowman asking whether his income has been affected by the pandemic. According to Braun he's not been paid since they're not doing any live shows. Look out for WWE superstar go fund me pages I guess. 

Edited by 5pints
Shoes! D'oh!

4 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

XWF had a class roster, if I remember. That only lasted a taping, but they had everyone who was available and WWF snapped half them up.

Only ever seen the Hogan match from this in his 80s gear where in the post match interview he's so blown up he starts talking about how out of shape he is and that he has bills to pay

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Cannibal Man said:

Only ever seen the Hogan match from this in his 80s gear where in the post match interview he's so blown up he starts talking about how out of shape he is and that he has bills to pay

Also known as the match that Hogan decided he was going to skip leg day for the rest of his days and wear the long tights afterwards. Its an upper body business!

• Moderators
11 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

If you read Jerry Jarrett's first book, the first ever TNA show was supposed to have Bret, Sting, Warrior, Savage, Scott Hall and Scott Steiner on it. Bret didnt fancy it, Sting werent having it, Warrior held them up after agreeing a fee, Savage had previously ripped off Andrew McManus (who ran the forerunner to TNA, the WWA), Scott Steiner was like "lol" and Scott Hall showed up. If they'd have genuinely got that roster for their first taping, there wouldnt have been a second taping. Panda Energy wouldnt have even bailed them out of the debt that lot would have got them in. They actually got Phantasio to dress up as Scott Steiner in the battle royal, to take the piss out of him.

It's the best wrestling book ever. My personal highlight in it is Sean Waltman working for half price so they'll hire his Mrs Ryan Shamrock for something like 300 a shot.

Either that or getting his other son to come on a shooting trip with the carter's as Jeff is a shit shot and Jerry's blind and he reckons if none of them shoot well Panda won't invest. 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

UK release and still available Hulk Hogan In Your Face, The Lost Episodes Of The Xwf [DVD] https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0012X6ROW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_5MODEbTCV5P1W 

I've frequently seen it in CEX for a couple of quid in various locations, so might be worth keeping a eye out there if anyone is after a copy but not in a hurry.