Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Callum1993 said:

Long time Brit Wrestler Martin Kirby has announced his retirement. Always a reliable hand. Seen him a few times in Attack! and he always entertained. 

I knew him when he first started working for 3CW and have good memories of him. It’s hard to meet a nicer guy and I’m thrilled he did so well for himself.

4 hours ago, Callum1993 said:

Long time Brit Wrestler Martin Kirby has announced his retirement. Always a reliable hand. Seen him a few times in Attack! and he always entertained. 

Underrated talent & a fantastic tag team with Kris Travis.

3 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Wrestletalk’s no fan Monday show is streaming on their You Tube Channel As of right now. Empty arena show, but I warn you Alex Shane is on commentary 

I hate the Wrestletalk product & everything associated with Alex Shane, but have to say in the interest of fairness, that this was a decent show!

Connor Mills & Kyle Fletcher had a cracking match, that is well worth a watch :)

1 minute ago, Yakashi said:

Why was will osprey, the supposed best in the world, wrestling, and selling for, his tiny girlfriend? Other than because wrestling is fake? This sounds preposterous. 

Surely all inter-gender matches are "preposterous" unless it's something like Awesome Kong versus Hornswoggle? Sadly it's very common to see men selling for women in today's environment. I tend to fast forward through this stuff & sift out the matches i prefer.

I suppose the answer to your question might be that it exposes Osprey's girlfriend to a new market & offers her a pay day? Like i said in an earlier post, the show was decent considering it had no audience. The commentary though, was what most people have come to expect from Alex Shane & his flunkies :(

5 minutes ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

Surely all inter-gender matches are "preposterous" unless it's something like Awesome Kong versus Hornswoggle? Sadly it's very common to see men selling for women in today's environment. I tend to fast forward through this stuff & sift out the matches i prefer.

I suppose the answer to your question might be that it exposes Osprey's girlfriend to a new market & offers her a pay day? Like i said in an earlier post, the show was decent considering it had no audience. The commentary though, was what most people have come to expect from Alex Shane & his flunkies :(

I could never buy inter gender as anything other than ridiculous unless it was maybe Ronda. I could possibly go for Nia jax and Curt Hawkins. But osprey who many think is the legit best in the world and moving to heavyweight in new japan doing this shit with his real life and not at all star girlfriend? He shouldn’t be doing the jokey wink wink shit. No wonder there’s no stars in wrestling when stuff like this is happening. 

• Paid Members

I've not seen the specific show but it's mental to me that people can't buy intergender. I understand being uncomfortable by it entirely of course but that's not what you are talking about.

The idea that because a man is man they shouldn't sell for a women is fucking horrendous. Stripping away the shitty misogynist overtones at its core its surely a babyface fighting against the odds or what I believe a babyface should be, the better wrestler out wrestling the heel. Or if a heel cheating to win against a babyface.

There's literally no reason why a women can't be a better wrestler than a man. The mans bigger, ok fine, she's quicker etc. If she's a heel then that's even easier SHE CHEATS!

If it's a face v face match then surely one of them will play a subtle heel to leverage the match.

7 hours ago, DEF said:

I've not seen the specific show but it's mental to me that people can't buy intergender. I understand being uncomfortable by it entirely of course but that's not what you are talking about.

The idea that because a man is man they shouldn't sell for a women is fucking horrendous. Stripping away the shitty misogynist overtones at its core its surely a babyface fighting against the odds or what I believe a babyface should be, the better wrestler out wrestling the heel. Or if a heel cheating to win against a babyface.

There's literally no reason why a women can't be a better wrestler than a man. The mans bigger, ok fine, she's quicker etc. If she's a heel then that's even easier SHE CHEATS!

If it's a face v face match then surely one of them will play a subtle heel to leverage the match.

Because will osprey is touted as being the best in the world, taking people like Okada to the limit. His girlfriend is a nobody in AEWs terrible women’s division. This isn’t Ronda Rousey or Becky Lynch fighting Brian Kendrick. 

And there’s nothing misogynistic about it. It’s supposed to be a fight. It’s the equivalent of someone from invictas prelims fighting khabib. Are people mysogistic if they don’t think Katy from the local boxing gym can’t beat the best fighter in the world? It’s preposterous and nothing at all to do with misogyny.