Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

22 minutes ago, Grecian said:

The thought of Michael Cole commentating on some epic NJPW matches terrifies me...

It shouldn't. I really enjoyed Cole's call on the first UK tournament, as did a few people on here at the time. Cole without the shackles of his various paymasters is a good lead announcer.

• Paid Members

Yeh, from what I remember, Cole's only terrible when he's jaded, phoning it in, and/or being yelled at via headset. When he's enjoying himself, he's a lot of fun.

8 minutes ago, JNLister said:

They actually had a couple of New Japan matches on the Benoit DVD set. One of the audio options was commentary by Cole and Tazz. I don't remember any complaints about his performance.

Was it him or Kevin Kelly who called him "Justin Thunder Liger" on that set?

• Paid Members

I read in Inside Soap magazine that former Emmerdale actress Roxanne Pallett had recently married her New York firefighter fiance Jason Carrion.

image.png.c8575cc50bb651025e633ce6846886d4.png

I thought the name sounded familiar, turns out it's this bloke who clearly worked some tours over here for LDN at some point.

image.png.ceb1227fd5a448fe62973be25116e2c1.png

My only reason for sharing this "news" is because ever since i've read it, i've been pre-occupied by the idea of them watching the big brother footage together, and him teaching her how to properly sell a worked punch - this is the only place where I feel safe enough to share that information. 

• Paid Members

I'm trying to find the Impact Wrestling Thread as they're doing a TNA Special on next month, as well as putting on a TNA show during Mania Week at WrestleCon. Shame most of their best "homegrown" guys are all contracted elsewhere. 

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I'm trying to find the Impact Wrestling Thread as they're doing a TNA Special on next month, as well as putting on a TNA show during Mania Week at WrestleCon. Shame most of their best "homegrown" guys are all contracted elsewhere.