Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

3 minutes ago, Herne's Son said:

If that's how you feel I am happy for you, I been reading this forum since 2004 and have never seen it so inactive in all these years. Outside of the MMA forum where everyone is decent and respects each other, the wrestling and off topic generally become a place where new posters are ridiculed for daring to start topics and post opinions that the clique don't agree with. Just look at how many new topics spring up daily, fuck all eh? 

I could go through all the posts and find examples of bullying and ganging up on people but can't be arsed because i hardly post and only have a look here every few days. It doesn't matter to me but I am sad to see this place go so downhill and it's completely because of a few mods and regular users.

I found a different wrestling forum last year which has strict moderating, daily new topics and everyone showing respect for different opinions and that has helped me realize just how bad this place has become. 

In all honesty, I think 'forums' such as this have been on the outs for years now. With the rise of Facebook, Twitter, Reddit etc, it's not like when this forum first launched.

That's not to say there aren't forums out there that are still heavily active, but they require a lot of work and moderation and quite frankly no one is going to do that shit around here because why would they?

I think if you're jumping into a long-established place online, whether it's here or anywhere else, there's bound to be groups of people that know each other and have in-jokes and tend to talk to each other because why wouldn't they? That's generally true in life too. I'm not a huge fan of new people if I'm honest so I often stick to people I know or that I enjoy talking to etc.

But it is what you make of it. I don't post hoping for responses. I don't reply to people and then get pissy if no one pays me attention. In the end my participation should be down to my own enjoyment, which is how I use social media too. If you're forever spending your time looking for acceptance and feeling needy then it's a fucking shit thing to go through.

24 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

that's why I come back on a daily basis.

Indeed, even a few previously banned accounts can’t stop you!

People always cite a clique, usually made up of pretentious cunts, and bullying but never produce evidence to back it up. Being called out on bullshit or acting like a bellend isn’t bullying. 

28 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

That’s never stopped you posting unsubstantiated “facts” in the vegan thread!!! Go for it mate.

I may have lazily exaggerated how many American Footballers are Vegan but other than that I’m well behaved.

Anyway, the news is a former NXT Champions contract is up in July and he is willing to negotiate with AEW. You heard it here first! 

2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Indeed, even a few previously banned accounts can’t stop you!

People always cite a clique, usually made up of pretentious cunts, and bullying but never produce evidence to back it up. Being called out on bullshit or acting like a bellend isn’t bullying. 

Thats's exactly what you would say because you"re one of the worst of them! Your whole post reminds me of the what the bully at school would say when the teacher calls him out on it! 

Like I said I can't be arsed to go through posts and find "evidence"  but perhaps you should look at the way you call people out on bullshit and other things you don't like and wonder if it is appropriate behavior or not. Or just enjoy the fun you have on here with your mates and care nothing of it, makes fuck all difference to me. 

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Herne's Son said:

Anyone who is saying they don't see bullying on here clearly never read the LPW threads and saw how that guy Bowler got treated. He wasn't blameless but some of those threads were incredibly hard to read.

This forum is toxic now and has been for a while. Just a small clique of around a dozen or so looking to big each other up and jump in on anyone who has a different opinion. Honestly it would be better as a Facebook group.

I disagree. This place was far far worse years ago. It's got a lot better largely because there are less people here, and we're all a lot older. I can't even remember the last time someone wished cancer on someone. It would be unthinkable these days.

Out of interest who out of that "clique" even got involved in the Bowler's threads? As awful as they were, they followed the usual pattern of someone making a joke that was actually funny which was then run into the ground by fannies. The worst of them got shut down very quickly including, I believe, people being banned from the threads, and eventually the board itself.

I'd also suggest that anybody whose mental health is being harmed by this place needs to seek professional help. That's not a joke, or a dig, but demanding that a privately owned website run by volunteers should change just to accommodate you is really pretty absurd. There are plenty of places to discuss wrestling online after all, why insist on posting somewhere that you feel is harming you?

7 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

i'll say it again. Two recent concussions and a wellness violation. He's in ring days are certainly numbered

In all fairness, he's had a fucking good run considering WWE only signed him full time because ROH got a national TV deal.

They only wanted him as a "good hand" in NXT originally didn't they?

2 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Anyway, the news is a former NXT Champions contract is up in July and he is willing to negotiate with AEW. You heard it here first! 

Anyone with a contract in WWE coming to an end would be pretty crazy to ignore AEW as a viable alternative these days. Solid writing, happy talent roster and a guaranteed few years on TV, they're a company on the up and less of an unknown quantity now.

I guess the only risk is getting lost in the shuffle but that happens to a lot of talent in WWE too.

3 minutes ago, Undefeated Steak said:

I must visit dark places elsewhere on the net because for the most part the UKFF seems the most fair, balanced and thoughtful place online. 

This was my general point in the first place.

If you pop into a thread like the mental health one, everyone offers their support but then those same posters will then jump into On Topic to crack one liners or gang up on other posters for expressing their opinions or in my case Pedophile jokes which is not on at all.

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, Herne's Son said:

Anyone who is saying they don't see bullying on here clearly never read the LPW threads and saw how that guy Bowler got treated. He wasn't blameless but some of those threads were incredibly hard to read.

That's a pretty strange one to cite to back up your point. I disagree that stricter moderation would make this place better, but that's just a matter of opinion*.

But the Bowler stuff did require and received mod intervention because it got out of hand.

* would be great if we had better resources to deal with returners though.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

1 minute ago, TildeGuy~! said:

This was my general point in the first place.

If you pop into a thread like the mental health one, everyone offers their support but then those same posters will then jump into On Topic to crack one liners or gang up on other posters for expressing their opinions or in my case Pedophile jokes which is not on at all.

We make pedo jokes at work at least once a day. People laugh and then they get on with work. Just depends on your sense of humour I suppose.

9 minutes ago, Herne's Son said:

Thats's exactly what you would say because you"re one of the worst of them! Your whole post reminds me of the what the bully at school would say when the teacher calls him out on it! 

Like I said I can't be arsed to go through posts and find "evidence"  but perhaps you should look at the way you call people out on bullshit and other things you don't like and wonder if it is appropriate behavior or not. Or just enjoy the fun you have on here with your mates and care nothing of it, makes fuck all difference to me. 

In other words, you don’t have evidence. There is a big difference between calling out bullshit when someone posts it on the odd occasion but when it’s been going on for years and years, there is nothing wrong with asking for a source. 

52 minutes ago, Ricc1PW said:

I also suffer with mental health problems, and have been prescribed anti depressants for an extended period of time. Remember the ribbing I took about Valentine’s Day last year? Someone even split it off into its own thread and went to town. I took it in the humour it was intended, and took the piss out of myself.

it is not for me to say what Tildeguy finds offensive or upsetting, and I aren’t trying to, but if banter is to be banned on the UKFF because someone who may or may not suffer with depression may or may not be offended by it, then I think you’ll find website traffic would be way down. Just chill out. Virtue signalling on someone else’s behalf doesn’t make anyone think better of you. You’re clutching at straws.

I'm not asking for anything to be banned - is that what you're taking from all this?
Depression is not a 'one size fits all' situation. Cool, you were able to roll with the punches that time and take the piss out of yourself. Great. I'm sure there have been times when that has not been possible also. I know that has been the case for me.

Stop painting this like me, or anyone who goes 'I have a problem with how toxic this place is sometimes' doesn't have a sense of humour, or can't make fun of themselves. I would hope you know from your own experiences with mental health that is simply not true.

If you want to think I am just virtue signalling or saying any of this to make anyone think better of me instead of actually taking on board anything I, or others, are saying then that's up to you. It's sad that you honestly think that's why I am doing it. Genuinely.
I would say that terminology like 'Just chill out' is really unhelpful and exactly the kind of thing NOT to say to a depressed person though but it seems like you would rather deflect things back to me than look at yourself. 

Speaking of which - Accident Prone, the fact you refuse to acknowledge even a modicum of your own negative behaviour in this whole situation and would choose instead to put it all back on someone else is staggering but not surprising. I had hoped we could go 'Y' know what, fuck it, let's just live and let live' but, hey, it seems like 'being right' and telling others how much of an arsehole you think they are is more important to you.

Anyway, as is the case in real life, I'll shut up about it now.
God knows, it's better to just keep quiet on these things. Don't want this stuff to get in the way of all the 'banter' or anything.

So... Samoa Joe, eh?