Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

49 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Again, not for you to say what is or is not 'overboard'.
You do not know what other people's states of mind are and what you may be able to handle someone else may not. 

People are affected by things in different ways.
Nobody is saying people can't comment or retort to things but Tilde mentioned it himself - the constant references to 'source?' has been going on years. It was much the same when, LONG after I had stopped talking about SHIMMER or womens wrestling, people were still making digs about 'liking wink-wink' the womens wrestlers etc. and these things may seem very trivial but when it is constant over a prolonged period of time it can be incredibly emotionally draining. It eats away at you. 

I have autism [which was not diagnosed until I was 32] and am on anti-depressants from a mental breakdown I suffered in my 20's when I tried to take my own life. None of this is anything I should need to disclose or even mention to anyone [and no doubt I will get some sarky comment about it under the guise of 'bants'] but I am bringing it up to emphasise that if people are telling you 'this behaviour is affecting/has affected my mental health' it's up to YOU to do something about it - not to say to the person that they are 'reaching for something that is not there' or 'you're going overboard'. Do you know how arrogant and dismissive that is? 

If someone is telling you, directly or indirectly, 'Lighten up with that stuff, yeah?' then just lighten the fuck up! Don't dig in or go 'Oh stop over-reacting'. Even if the person continues to do something you have mentioned in the past like posting something without sourcing it - is it really THAT much of an issue to you that you HAVE to comment on it? 

...and to clarify - I never said you said anything about 'if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen' - that was more in regards to people who were using the 'well you don't HAVE to come on here, that's just what the UKFF is like' argument as an excuse for being bell-ends. 

I also suffer with mental health problems, and have been prescribed anti depressants for an extended period of time. Remember the ribbing I took about Valentine’s Day last year? Someone even split it off into its own thread and went to town. I took it in the humour it was intended, and took the piss out of myself.

it is not for me to say what Tildeguy finds offensive or upsetting, and I aren’t trying to, but if banter is to be banned on the UKFF because someone who may or may not suffer with depression may or may not be offended by it, then I think you’ll find website traffic would be way down. Just chill out. Virtue signalling on someone else’s behalf doesn’t make anyone think better of you. You’re clutching at straws.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Hi Accident Prone. I was waiting for you to comment.
Yes, I have repeatedly told you to 'Go fuck yourself' and I appreciate the time and effort you have taken to compile the times I have done so, and cropped excerpts of the posts which prompted me to do so, as a way of highlighting this for everyone.

Time and effort: 10 minutes, on company pay. I haven't purposely cropped any elements of the quotes as this was this best way to fit all the examples onto a acceptable sized Windows Paint file.I will happily provide the screenshots and threads where you've resorted to your favourite insult (and trust me, they don't paint a pretty picture of your opinions and debate style). I'm not here to hide anything, only pointing out your hypocrisy.

18 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

If a person with mental health issues feels they are being attacked and tells someone to 'Go fuck themselves' it is generally a very direct sign that they would like that person to go away and stop what they are doing. 
Please show me the times when, upon being told to 'Go fuck yourself' by me you actually let the matter drop - I can see on at least two of the conversations shown in your post that I have used the word 'again' prior to telling you to 'go fuck yourself' which would indicate to me that you did not let the matter drop in those particular instances.

This isn't acceptable behavior or an acceptable excuse. If you're bringing up opinions and statements on a forum and expect everyone to read your thoughts before moving onto to the next post, then you need to find somewhere else to chat about wrestling. Because that doesn't fly with me. Stop trying to paint yourself as the victim because someone doesn't like your opinions that you posted on a public message board.

Oh, and most of the times where you give the good ol' "GO FUCK YOURSELF" it's usually myself replying with a eye-roll gif or remarking at you trying to weasel out of arguments that you aren't winning. So yeah, I tend to leave you be after you explode like that.

Also, you are the one who instigates these hostilities, Always, 100%. I'll disagree with you but I never bring up the insults first as I stupidly think "Hey, maybe this time it'll be an actual conversation". Very naive of me. 

This may be un-PC, but a mental health issue doesn't mean you can't be argued against or reasoned with, and it doesn't mean I have to put up with your BS when the discussion gets too hot. 

34 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

If my telling you to 'go fuck yourself' negatively affected your mental health in any way then I apologise.
I hope going forward that we can both reflect upon the discussions you highlighted and realise where we need to improve our own behaviour towards conversing with people. 

It hasn't affected me, at all. And I do hope that we can have conversations that don't end that way, but the second you bring it up again, I'm sticking you on mute and that'll be it, because there's no point in talking to someone who'll just insult me before saying "Ah ah ah, you can't continue this due to my mental health!". 

Also, inb4 "OH GET A ROOM YOU TWO".

Back to the minor news, lads.

Anyone who is saying they don't see bullying on here clearly never read the LPW threads and saw how that guy Bowler got treated. He wasn't blameless but some of those threads were incredibly hard to read.

This forum is toxic now and has been for a while. Just a small clique of around a dozen or so looking to big each other up and jump in on anyone who has a different opinion. Honestly it would be better as a Facebook group.

1 hour ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Tilde mentioned it himself - the constant references to 'source?' has been going on years.

That’s because he’s been doing it for years despite being told repeatedly by mods to quote a source. He has so much bad faith built up over the years because of it. It really is as simple as if he posted a source he wouldn’t be asked for a source. Because he has posted so much unsubstantiated bollocks over the years, he can’t be taken at face value and needs to corroborate what he posts. 

5 minutes ago, Herne's Son said:

This forum is toxic now and has been for a while. Just a small clique of around a dozen or so looking to big each other up and jump in on anyone who has a different opinion. Honestly it would be better as a Facebook group.

That's really not the case though, is it?

For a start, people don't always agree on here. There's plenty of reasonable discussion on here and that's why I come back on a daily basis. I enjoy reading peoples posts, posting my own and not giving a fuck about whether it's popular or not. Because to be honest, who really cares?

There's a huge difference between a clique and the fact that this forum has a group of regular users.

• Paid Members

I think coming onto a forum like this and expecting people to stop taking the piss is like asking people not fuck at an orgy. I'm just saying if you go to an orgy and get offended by the sight of people fucking then maybe, rather than expecting the orgy to change to accommodate you, maybe don't go.

4 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

That's really not the case though, is it?

For a start, people don't always agree on here. There's plenty of reasonable discussion on here and that's why I come back on a daily basis. I enjoy reading peoples posts, posting my own and not giving a fuck about whether it's popular or not. Because to be honest, who really cares?

There's a huge difference between a clique and the fact that this forum has a group of regular users.

If that's how you feel I am happy for you, I been reading this forum since 2004 and have never seen it so inactive in all these years. Outside of the MMA forum where everyone is decent and respects each other, the wrestling and off topic generally become a place where new posters are ridiculed for daring to start topics and post opinions that the clique don't agree with. Just look at how many new topics spring up daily, fuck all eh? 

I could go through all the posts and find examples of bullying and ganging up on people but can't be arsed because i hardly post and only have a look here every few days. It doesn't matter to me but I am sad to see this place go so downhill and it's completely because of a few mods and regular users.

I found a different wrestling forum last year which has strict moderating, daily new topics and everyone showing respect for different opinions and that has helped me realize just how bad this place has become.