Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

5 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I stopped posting news for a while and started to share my love for Joshi Puroresu, did that then warrant the abuse I got for enjoying something others don’t watch? 

To be fair you were roundly mocked for ripping the entire Stardom faq off of Reddit and only gave credit after it was pointed out. Maybe it was an honest mistake but it didn't look good at the time.

I'm an unashamed Joshi fan and have been since the early 2000's and haven't gotten any shit. Not that I care what other wrestling fans think anyway.

Edit.

I did get a funny look from a family friend when I was watching some Stardom recently though.

Edited by The King Of Swing

3 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

You’ll just need to check the previous page. 

Originally you didn't post any source about the Samoa Joe suspension. You only went back edited your post to include a tweet from a dirtsheet after you got called out for posting possible news without a source.

If you had included the article in the first place, no one would have said anything.

18 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

If you had included the article in the first place, no one would have said anything.

I looked back to see what time I edited my post to compare times to the initial “Source?” Post as I remember editing it then that reply popped up within seconds of me posting but I can’t see it on my phone, didn’t stop the “he’s wrong again” or “you’re banned if you post another bit of wrong news” though.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

10 hours ago, Ricc1PW said:

I don't post here often, but I lurk and read it almost daily.

I think you're going a bit overboard saying you get 'attacked' you get light hearted mocking for posting 'news' you've taken off other sites, and present it as your own. thats it.

that is absolutely NOT mental health, its not bullying, and it certainly isn't in the same realm as the treatment of Caroline Flack.

I'm sorry but its not for you to say what does or does not affect someone's mental health or whether someone is going overboard with how they feel - what is 'light hearted mocking' to you can be very hurtful to someone else and when others start joining in with that mocking it CAN come across as bullying. 

Its been endemic on here for years and as has been said the hypocrisy shown by some with their platitudes towards Caroline Flack's situation is laughable - those people really need to take a good look at their own behaviour. 

....and the whole 'If you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen' argument? Yeah fuck off with that.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I looked back to see what time I edited my post to compare times to the initial “Source?” Post as I remember editing it then that reply popped up within seconds of me posting but I can’t see it on my phone, didn’t stop the “he’s wrong again” or “you’re banned if you post another bit of wrong news” though.

We've received multiple reports over the years about you posting incorrect and unsourced news or from dubious sources which ends up to be wrong, and that's as well as the mare you had in the transfer thread.

While you'd clearly like to be the Michael Buerk or Reginald Bosanquet of the forum there has to be standards of the news being put forward otherwise it pisses people off. It's simple. Post news from proper sources not a third C&P hand news site which often mangles facts on twitter and duly credit the original source after checking the news is actually accurate. Same as everyone else is expected to and in the main part does.

Then there's no problem and you're not in danger of any repercussions, are you? 

Edited by PowerButchi

10 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I'm sorry but its not for you to say what does or does not affect someone's mental health or whether someone is going overboard with how they feel - what is 'light hearted mocking' to you can be very hurtful to someone else and when others start joining in with that mocking it CAN come across as bullying. 

Its been endemic on here for years and as has been said the hypocrisy shown by some with their platitudes towards Caroline Flack's situation is laughable - those people really need to take a good look at their own behaviour. 

....and the whole 'If you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen' argument? Yeah fuck off with that.

You’re really going overboard. People respond to his posts with “source?” Or mention his ‘scoops’ and we’re effecting his mental health and bullying him?

i don’t recall ever saying if you can’t stand the heat get out of the kitchen, either. 

You’re reaching and grasping for something that isn’t there.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Whoa boy.

sba.png.2f1d6793fe2756c24f8cf4faaf25297a.png

3 hours ago, Ricc1PW said:

You’re really going overboard. People respond to his posts with “source?” Or mention his ‘scoops’ and we’re effecting his mental health and bullying him?

i don’t recall ever saying if you can’t stand the heat get out of the kitchen, either. 

You’re reaching and grasping for something that isn’t there.

Again, not for you to say what is or is not 'overboard'.
You do not know what other people's states of mind are and what you may be able to handle someone else may not. 

People are affected by things in different ways.
Nobody is saying people can't comment or retort to things but Tilde mentioned it himself - the constant references to 'source?' has been going on years. It was much the same when, LONG after I had stopped talking about SHIMMER or womens wrestling, people were still making digs about 'liking wink-wink' the womens wrestlers etc. and these things may seem very trivial but when it is constant over a prolonged period of time it can be incredibly emotionally draining. It eats away at you. 

I have autism [which was not diagnosed until I was 32] and am on anti-depressants from a mental breakdown I suffered in my 20's when I tried to take my own life. None of this is anything I should need to disclose or even mention to anyone [and no doubt I will get some sarky comment about it under the guise of 'bants'] but I am bringing it up to emphasise that if people are telling you 'this behaviour is affecting/has affected my mental health' it's up to YOU to do something about it - not to say to the person that they are 'reaching for something that is not there' or 'you're going overboard'. Do you know how arrogant and dismissive that is? 

If someone is telling you, directly or indirectly, 'Lighten up with that stuff, yeah?' then just lighten the fuck up! Don't dig in or go 'Oh stop over-reacting'. Even if the person continues to do something you have mentioned in the past like posting something without sourcing it - is it really THAT much of an issue to you that you HAVE to comment on it? 

...and to clarify - I never said you said anything about 'if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen' - that was more in regards to people who were using the 'well you don't HAVE to come on here, that's just what the UKFF is like' argument as an excuse for being bell-ends. 

2 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

Whoa boy.

sba.png.2f1d6793fe2756c24f8cf4faaf25297a.png

Hi Accident Prone. I was waiting for you to comment.
Yes, I have repeatedly told you to 'Go fuck yourself' and I appreciate the time and effort you have taken to compile the times I have done so, and cropped excerpts of the posts which prompted me to do so, as a way of highlighting this for everyone.

If a person with mental health issues feels they are being attacked and tells someone to 'Go fuck themselves' it is generally a very direct sign that they would like that person to go away and stop what they are doing. 
Please show me the times when, upon being told to 'Go fuck yourself' by me you actually let the matter drop - I can see on at least two of the conversations shown in your post that I have used the word 'again' prior to telling you to 'go fuck yourself' which would indicate to me that you did not let the matter drop in those particular instances.

If my telling you to 'go fuck yourself' negatively affected your mental health in any way then I apologise.
I hope going forward that we can both reflect upon the discussions you highlighted and realise where we need to improve our own behaviour towards conversing with people.