Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

2 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I love how that kid hasn’t resurfaced. As if he and his mates stopped watching at the same time and they’re all blissfully unaware of his cult status amongst wrestling fans nearly 30 years on

There's a Netflix documentary series there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BritishWrestling/comments/az399p/can_we_find_the_british_bulldogs_gonna_win_kid/

Well if this thread's anything to go by, somebody's got some fessing up to do:

"Vague memories of a UKFF (UK Fan Forum) thread on this years back claimed the lad was around 10/11 at the time and lived in Yorkshire. His mate was a member of the UKFF and said he "doesn't do social media"and it settled down with a family."

15 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BritishWrestling/comments/az399p/can_we_find_the_british_bulldogs_gonna_win_kid/

Well if this thread's anything to go by, somebody's got some fessing up to do:

"Vague memories of a UKFF (UK Fan Forum) thread on this years back claimed the lad was around 10/11 at the time and lived in Yorkshire. His mate was a member of the UKFF and said he "doesn't do social media"and it settled down with a family."

"It". Bit harsh.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Didn't @IANdrewDiceClay find him not long ago, and get loads of hits on Twitter for it? Or am I thinking of something else?

Wish I did. I discovered fat basin head from the 90s.

I do love the idea of Bulldog Boy settled down and not wanting any fuss. As if he's fucking Bill Murray or something.

• Paid Members
On 2/6/2020 at 7:43 PM, ColinBollocks said:

UFC have effectively sold their US PPV rights to ESPN's OTT service and get guaranteed revenue per show. I wouldn't be at all surprised if ESPN+ is where WWE end up too.

Winner, Winner 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/02/wwe-reportedly-negotiating-with-espn-for-content-streaming-666759/

what I didn’t realise is that you pay $4.99 for ESPN+ but you still need to fork out $64.99 for a UFC PPV. So it looks like PPV’s will once again be real PPV’s if this goes through

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Winner, Winner 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/02/wwe-reportedly-negotiating-with-espn-for-content-streaming-666759/

what I didn’t realise is that you pay $4.99 for ESPN+ but you still need to fork out $64.99 for a UFC PPV. So it looks like PPV’s will once again be real PPV’s if this goes through

With the state the WWE's viewer figures/Network subs are in, there can't be many willing to splash almost $70 to watch a PPV, can there?

Here is hoping that they keep them on the Network over here(at least for the near future). I pay my subs mainly for old WCW TV and PPV's, but I always try an pull an all nighter for the Rumble and 'Mania. If they go back to PPV, I will be another view they have lost.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

With the state the WWE's viewer figures/Network subs are in, there can't be many willing to splash almost $70 to watch a PPV, can there?

Here is hoping that they keep them on the Network over here(at least for the near future). I pay my subs mainly for old WCW TV and PPV's, but I always try an pull an all nighter for the Rumble and 'Mania. If they go back to PPV, I will be another view they have lost.

WrestleMania 29 did 1,048,000 PPV buys. 30, the first to be shown on the Network did 400,000 domestic, 690,000 globally. 35 did 100,000. So at $64.99 they will have to see a huge increase in PPV buys and hope not too much of a drop in Network subscribers 

Samoa Joe suspended 30 Days for failing the Wellness Policy

Guess any plans they had for Wrestlemania for him will be scrapped as by my Math he will be eligible to return the Raw before Mania, probably just chuck him in the Battle Royal now if he isn't injured anyway

His Never going to gain any trust to be considered at the top of the card is he, as soon as he gets a little push he gets Injured and now add this it just hasn't ever fallen into place for him