Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

I'm just annoyed that they still don't have downloadable content. If I could watch on my daily commute that'd give me a lot more opportunities to catch up with things. As it is I'm mostly stuck trying to fit this shit in at home in very minimal time.

You have to trust putting your WWE Network password into a piece of desktop software, but this does the trick:

http://www.airesoft.co.uk/WWENetwork

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, dopper said:

The Rock’s 18 year old daughter has signed on the dotted line.

DDC3AE98-C5C6-467C-8BEE-FCB998B62AA6.jpeg

Christ, there wouldn't be any need for a DNA test, would there?

Will that make her the first 4th gen wrestler if she makes it to the main show?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Cod Eye said:

Christ, there wouldn't be any need for a DNA test, would there?

Will that make her the first 4th gen wrestler if she makes it to the main show?

I think it would be in WWE. There are/have been a few claimed fourth generation pros including Bandido. The only direct four generations lineage I'm certain of is Dave Taylor's daughter Donna who did at least one match.

David Finlay in New Japan is sometimes listed as one, though I think his great-grandad/Fit Finlay's granddad was a "made money wrestling competitively for bets among workmates" rather than a "wrestled on shows where fans paid to watch" pro.

There's sort of fourth generation with the youngest Rougeaus > sons of Jacques Jr (Mountie) > son of Jacques Sr, but it was his uncle rather than father who wrestled.

Dory Funk Jr's grandson is training, but there's a skipped generation there.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, JNLister said:

I think it would be in WWE. There are/have been a few claimed fourth generation pros including Bandido. The only direct four generations lineage I'm certain of is Dave Taylor's daughter Donna who did at least one match.

David Finlay in New Japan is sometimes listed as one, though I think his great-grandad/Fit Finlay's granddad was a "made money wrestling competitively for bets among workmates" rather than a "wrestled on shows where fans paid to watch" pro.

There's sort of fourth generation with the youngest Rougeaus > sons of Jacques Jr (Mountie) > son of Jacques Sr, but it was his uncle rather than father who wrestled.

Dory Funk Jr's grandson is training, but there's a skipped generation there.

Mark Rocco always claimed to be fourth generation, but I think he counted boxers as well as wrestlers to make that work - and probably a helping of bullshit too.

Myzteziz Jr is Bandido's Brother, so he's another one.

Wikipedia actually claims that both of David Finlay's paternal great-grandparents were wrestlers - but, again, I've only heard of Fit Finlay's grandad wrestling colleagues at the dockyards and so on. But the Finlays are/were a big wrestling family, so there might be a McMahon situation where they claim four generations involvement in the business rather than four generations as active wrestlers.

The Usos have been claimed as fourth generation but, like so many things with the Samoan family tree, it takes some liberties with the concept - it requires counting uncle/nephew relationships as a generation and counting Peter Maivia's "blood brother" connection to the family as a legit familial link and a "generation". I expect there'll be a fourth generation Anoai lurking around somewhere, though.

Jimmy Golden/Bunkhouse Buck's son wrestles, he'd be fourth gen if I've worked that out correctly.

• Paid Members

Surely lucha libre has a good chance of having 4th generation wrestlers? I know the whole "Hijo de Rey Misterio Jr. IV" system isn't really based on actual sons and fathers, but we often hear about wrestling families in lucha.

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Saw on Twitter that Cody Hall has been pulled from a tour of Japan after calling corona virus “Yellow Fever”. #Banter. 

It was more that a fellow wrestler had announced he was dating an Eastern Asian girl and Hall said something along the lines of "forget Coronavirus, he's got Yellow Fever".

I thought it was funny.

1 hour ago, iPumaPants said:

It was more that a fellow wrestler had announced he was dating an Eastern Asian girl and Hall said something along the lines of "forget Coronavirus, he's got Yellow Fever".

I thought it was funny.

Maybe he gets his jokes from the same place Dele Alli does