Richie Freebird

Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

She also kicked off with Ricochet and got kicked out of the Performance centre, then leaked all of the Mae Young Classic results to Meltzer because she was losing in the first round. 

Wouldn’t surprise me she’s only wrestling men on Impact because how much of a cunt the women’s division thinks she is.

So @Love-Wilcox if she’s less of a racist bullying cunt now compared to two years ago, we should just giver her a pass because people (can) change.

No thanks.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

5 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

So @Love-Wilcox if she’s less of a racist bullying cunt now compared to two years ago, we should just giver her a pass because people (can) change.

No thanks.

No, not a "pass" at all. I just think it''s important to try and look at things like this in context. Although admittedly even in context it does seem really bad, doesn't it?

4 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Yeah their main event us the guy accused of domestic abuse v the woman accused of spitting on a black woman and calling her the 'n-word'.

God, who do I route for!?

I'd say that there's probably a few PPVs from the 80's & 90's (and maybe even later) where the main event featured an alleged domestic abuser up against a bullying foul racist. But yeah, it's not a good lock for Impact.

4 hours ago, thescottishchamp87 said:

Spoiler Alert

Not a Minor Spoiler. Not the correct thread either. Donut

1 hour ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

Marty Scurll has re-signed with ROH and is now their booker. Didn't see that coming.

I did, as it was posted in the ROH thread yesterday. ;)

12 hours ago, dopper said:

Well this is unexpected...

1C3A46D6-C1BF-42EC-84AE-F6406FB756E5.jpeg

Edited by DJM

On 1/11/2020 at 7:42 PM, Snitsky's back acne said:

Apparently Pampero Firpo was the inspiration for Randy Savage's 'Macho Man' act - the frizzy hair, the gravely voice etc.

The "OH YEAH~!" catchphrase is a direct rip from Firpo, and probably the voice and delivery too - in later life Randy Savage was quite regretful of that, and of using Gorgeous George's old entrance theme, as he felt he had taken too much credit/praise for them, and not allowed the originators to receive the plaudits he felt they deserved.

Their gimmicks were quite different, though - Firpo was a fairly straightforward "ethnic wildman" mid-century heel, it was only the promo style that Savage pinched.