Richie Freebird

Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

So I see Rory Gulak, brother of Drew has had some pretty serious allegations made about him on Twitter, in terms of sexual misconduct.

Chikara have sacked him, and ICW among others have cancelled his bookings which makes it seem like there is something to this. 

Little bit here from Post Wrestling (only credible outlet I've seen pick it up as yet) : https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/01/06/post-news-update-chikara-wrestle-factory-cut-ties-with-rory-gulak/

Allegations seem to vary wildly, some significantly more serious than others. All speculation and allegation for now (hence minor news rather than thread worthy just yet), but this could end up a bigger story. Can't be good news for Drew Gulak either, personally or professionally you would imagine. 

What happened to the woman that claimed Foley raped her? She was following his 'comedy' show around withe a makeshift sign if I remember right.

It's being reported that Mercedes Martinez has signed with the WWE.

While they've got way too many women under contract as it is, very happy about this and someone who absolutely deserves it.  I did think they may sign her after the second Mae Young Classic, as the female Chris Hero, the veteran who goes on the road and works with all the green/new talent on the Florida house shows, but nothing came to it back then. 

I’m assuming that’s exactly the role she’s going to have as she’s pushing 40 as it is.

Also seems to be a “quick, sign her before AEW gets her tied down to a deal”

2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Also seems to be a “quick, sign her before AEW gets her tied down to a deal”

Is there any reason why WWE or AEW haven't signed her before? Has she been under contract to other places?

Because if not, it really wasn't that quick..

23 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Is there any reason why WWE or AEW haven't signed her before? Has she been under contract to other places?

Because if not, it really wasn't that quick..

WWE maybe didn’t because they’ve got so many under contract already, and as I mentioned she is nearly 40, so how long a run does she realistically have in her. Or have they just signed her so that AEW can’t have her? Let’s be honest, if she had signed to ROH or Impact, WWE probably wouldn’t be bothered because they’re not the ones trying to grow into being a competitor. Make her unavailable to AEW though, it’s one less person they can have for their Women’s Division

I’m surprised that AEW didn’t have her signed up after her putting in that Battle Royale at Full Gear and again on AEW Dark. Why put someone on your shows how can so easily be swept up by a better* offer from the opposition.

* I use that term loosely as we obviously don’t know the ins & outs of what she’s making, what her role will be or her reasons for accepting WWE’s offer

I have to think it's as has been said - she'll be the veteran talent working in ring with the less experienced workers on the Florida loop 
I'm amazed AEW didnt sign her when they had the chance - she's better than virtually every other woman they have under contract.

Are AEW even trying with the womens division? Imagine thinking Emi Sakura should be your divisions veteran.