Richie Freebird

Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Not seen it posted elsewere, but Robert Roode and Primo have both been suspended for failing the Wellness Policy.

Link:

I'm surprised they even went to the bother of going looking for Primo in order to get a sample. Seems like a lot of effort to me. 

I'm disappointed for Roode, he was getting a little bit of traction finally. This will curtail all that for him for the next while. He'll not get released, but he'll probably have shit all going on for the next while. 

I'm kind of assuming Roode's was for some juice. If it wasn't, and it was something more recreational or for pain medication etc, then hopefully it acts as a wake up call for both men and they can follow through on the help that I imagine is available to them.  

1 hour ago, WeeAl said:

I'm surprised they even went to the bother of going looking for Primo in order to get a sample. Seems like a lot of effort to me. 

Surely if Primo is not actively wrestling he should not be subject to wellness checks?

58 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Surely if Primo is not actively wrestling he should not be subject to wellness checks?

They’ve got to keep the testing quotas up. Testing Primo and Roode means they don’t have to test Reigns and Strowman. 

1 minute ago, Mr Kennedy said:

They’ve got to keep the testing quotas up. Testing Primo and Roode means they don’t have to test Reigns and Strowman. 

EC3 is fucked then

Never had Roode down as a guy who'd fail a drug test.  Disappointed.

Wellness policy violations don't necessarily mean failed drugs tests. I'm sure people have fallen foul of it in the past for daft things like failing to get some medication they were taking signed off. 

Looking at Roode's age and ridiculous physique, I'd be shocked if he wasn't taking some vitamins that would have him fall foul of the Wellness. 

But it could be for absolutely anything. WWE usually don't disclose exactly what talents fail for. 

Not sure if this has been posted elswhere, but it looks like (somehow) WOS might be making a comeback, or they are certainly teasing something.

Maybe AEW is doing so well for ITV they are thinking they could double dip?

They had a second series (you shit!) on the table last year, and I was at a couple of shows where Alex Shane was talent scouting.

I assumed that AEW would have put paid to that, but who knows? Maybe they did very well in syndication- I know that's something they were banking on.

I assume ITV own the rights to the WOS name, so it's not like they could be picked up by another channel that easily, could they?

3 hours ago, BomberPat said:

They had a second series (you shit!) on the table last year, and I was at a couple of shows where Alex Shane was talent scouting.

I assumed that AEW would have put paid to that, but who knows? Maybe they did very well in syndication- I know that's something they were banking on.

I assume ITV own the rights to the WOS name, so it's not like they could be picked up by another channel that easily, could they?

'If you don't take it, Sky will!'