Richie Freebird

Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

John Morrison officially confirmed for a WWE return as announced on Backstage. Meh. He'll be fine but I've never been a huge fan and most of his matches are just me waiting to get angry at how shit Starship Pain looks.

8 hours ago, Mr Kennedy said:

Seth Rollins is on WWE Backstage tonight. If he mentions CM Punk, it’s going to make me believe that they’re going for it with those two at Mania. Which would be really poo. 

Every singles match they've had has been utter shite. And you'd think Punk would want to go against someone who can actually cut a decent promo. But outside a Punk (or perhaps a Cena) return they don't have shit for Wrestlemania. 

55 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Punk and Cena’s matches were always fantastic. They never got to do it at Mania so that’s my fantasy main event.

Part of me wants that. Part of me knows nothing can come close to MITB.

Their match at Night of Champions 2012 is just as good (I prefer it personally) but it’s let down by it ending as in a double pin draw

Edited by WyattSheepMask

3 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

John Morrison officially confirmed for a WWE return as announced on Backstage. Meh. He'll be fine but I've never been a huge fan and most of his matches are just me waiting to get angry at how shit Starship Pain looks.

I was wondering whether we'd end up seeing Johnny Powerrr turning up to feud with James Storm after Melina turned up in the NWA, or maybe Johnny Dynamite in AEW, but will take JoMo back in WWE.

4 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I was wondering whether we'd end up seeing Johnny Powerrr turning up to feud with James Storm after Melina turned up in the NWA, or maybe Johnny Dynamite in AEW, but will take JoMo back in WWE.

Melina and Morrison aren't together any more, and I think other than her one-and-done in Lucha Underground before being replaced by the new Mrs. Morrison, I don't think they've have had any subsequent interaction.

Let's hope he feuds with Johnny Gargano over the gimmick of being called Johnny Any Given Noun.

It’s interesting that John is going to be featured on the RetroMania game. Due to them being an indy dev, they rely a lot on the wrestlers featured to promote & push the game. I’m guessing John won’t be allowed to do that once he goes to WWE. On the flip side, if he receives a worthwhile push and is featured well on programming, it means the game could benefit from him being a signed WWE talent.

1 minute ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

It’s interesting that John is going to be featured on the RetroMania game. Due to them being an indy dev, they rely a lot on the wrestlers featured to promote & push the game. I’m guessing John won’t be allowed to do that once he goes to WWE. On the flip side, if he receives a worthwhile push and is featured well on programming, it means the game could benefit from him being a signed WWE talent.

Maybe they're looking out for somebody to work on WWE 2K21.

Couple of good bits from Rollins on Backstage on Twitter. Interesting to hear him talk about the red lighting and red cage in his match with bray and how much he disliked it. Also saying he wouldn't want to work with becky again because it was hard to swallow the criticism for their lack of chemistry.

He also spoke about getting boos. Interestingly he mentioned how it doesn't happen on non-TV shows. Similar to what they'd always say about Cena and Reigns. But he's different in that he says he's not just going to take it and will push back.

One of the best things about wrestling has always been surprise returns. Punk's potential in ring return has definitely been diluted somewhat in my opinion by his Backstage stuff unless it's a Rumble appearance.

There's barely a guy in WWE that I'd be less interested in seeing Punk face than Rollins.

Morrison in my opinion adds absolutely nothing to WWE.