Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Killer Kross has been given his formal release from Impact, after sitting around doing nowt for a while (since he said he wanted to leave).

Im assuming he’ll be AEW bound. He seems to like Mexico so can’t see him signing for WWE. Not sure if they’d want him to be fair.

For me, Killer Kross is the ‘hottest free agent’ now. The guy has huge potential and always thought he was wasted with Impact. For what it’s worth, His girlfriend, Scarlett Bordeaux has recently signed with NXT so that could be an indication of where he’s heading.

• Paid Members

My local fed and friends at North Wrestling have just been part of some kind of mini documentary for Sky Sports.

Really chuffed for them. They put on some bloody brilliant shows, and we’re really proud to have been an extended member of the family.

It’ll be interesting to see if this leads to further documentaries regarding wrestling on Sky, post-WWE.

https://mobile.twitter.com/grapplearcade/status/1207512230952128512

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

My local fed and friends at North Wrestling have just been part of some kind of mini documentary for Sky Sports.

Really chuffed for them. They put on some bloody brilliant shows, and we’re really proud to have been an extended member of the family.

It’ll be interesting to see if this leads to further documentaries regarding wrestling on Sky, post-WWE.

Great stuff. Just Tweeted out a link to the doc.

• Paid Members

TBH no one will slate Killer Kross as he screwed over Impact, so nobody cares. But I think it was a pretty twattish move to be pushed to a certain level (above any status he had before) only to start insisting he was worth more and going public about it.

He willingly signed a contract for xxx amount of $ at the end of the day.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, CL Punk said:

Yeah, Billy Loomis was the villain in Scream but that was also a reference to Donald Pleasence's character in the original Halloween.

Which is a reference to Sam Loomis in Psycho.

13 hours ago, garynysmon said:

TBH no one will slate Killer Kross as he screwed over Impact, so nobody cares. But I think it was a pretty twattish move to be pushed to a certain level (above any status he had before) only to start insisting he was worth more and going public about it.

He willingly signed a contract for xxx amount of $ at the end of the day.

I dunno. Yeah, going public - okay depends on the circumstances but to renegotiate a deal by going 'I'm now worth more to you than I was when I signed lets renegotiate' is just decent business. Of course, I would say to do that when your contract is coming up for renewal rather than midway through etc but I dont know all the circumstances.

• Paid Members

Didn't he also fall out with the company over not paying Scarlett anywhere near an acceptable salary for the work she was doing for them, and then I swear he had a falling out about being booked in a first blood match but having no first aiders present at the venue incase anything went wrong so they went with that ridiculous finish of him bleeding from the mouth? 

He called Impact out on their shit, power to him. 

Edited by Shy Dad

• Paid Members
On 12/19/2019 at 11:57 AM, Kaz Hayashi said:

On top of this, North have just announced Eddie Kingston for their February show. I think it’s a great signing and hope to see him go up again the likes of Rory Coyle & Jack Jester in a brutal 3-way. Could be a banger. I‘m chuffed to see a local promotion progressing as well as these are, especially in a climate where there have been numerous casualties.