Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

2 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

I miss the days when someone would go to the gym with Triple H and the internet would hate that person because they thought he was going to main event for the next 15 years.

Well let’s face it, no one is going to believe Adam Cole goes to the gym. 

• Paid Members

I think with Chavo it's more that he grew into the role than him being an elite level worker. I'd struggle to point you to a great Chavo Guerrero match, but could definitely do that for Waltman.

If nothing else, in Chavo's case, he started relatively young, got signed to a major company young, so by the time he became the veteran you could trust to work with anyone, he was still young enough to be working to a decent standard. Whereas Waltman was a diverse, reliable performer in his youth, and personal issues probably fucked off the years of his career where he'd have otherwise slotted into the "reliable veteran" role.

2 hours ago, Wrasslin said:

Am I the only one that fucking loves everything about Sheamus?

He's a hell of a hand, but he's in the top ten of that "what's your direction and how many titles have you won, again?" stink that guys from the last decade have have had where they've become components of a giant content machine rather than fixed characters with a definite narrative arc and momentum, regardless of how big or small that might be. 

The Sheamus who beat Cena at TLC and had a program with Triple H was tremendous. The one goofing around with Cesaro also showed there was a sound bit of entertainment there once allowed to just get a bit indulgent with their own schtick when nobody was looking. 

Fair amount of shite in between. And the chance that he's not arsed enough to make them arsed. I doubt he's had a bad year on the payroll. And they'll never let a face and name like that go.

He's the picture of complacency. 

• Paid Members

I don't know about complacency - more often than not he's gone hell for leather and worked ridiculously hard for matches that he could have afforded to sleepwalk through, and the series with Daniel Bryan wasn't just one guy busting his arse off for a spot, it was two. 

He just falls into that 2000s milieu of being a guy who's been a world champion, only for it to have no discernible impact on their career whatsoever.

14 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

He's a hell of a hand, but he's in the top ten of that "what's your direction and how many titles have you won, again?" stink that guys from the last decade have have had where they've become components of a giant content machine rather than fixed characters with a definite narrative arc and momentum, regardless of how big or small that might be. 

The Sheamus who beat Cena at TLC and had a program with Triple H was tremendous. The one goofing around with Cesaro also showed there was a sound bit of entertainment there once allowed to just get a bit indulgent with their own schtick when nobody was looking. 

Fair amount of shite in between. And the chance that he's not arsed enough to make them arsed. I doubt he's had a bad year on the payroll. And they'll never let a face and name like that go.

He's the picture of complacency. 

It's interesting isn't it? Has he been complacent or has the booking of him just been complacent. He's pretty much nailed everything he's done when he's actually had something to do. (Aside from being hugely miscast in cashing in MITB on Roman Reigns)

His initial run was good.

His face run with matches against Daniel Bryan (that two out of three falls match doesn't get enough love.) I also remember him having an absolute belter with the Big Show.

The Bar stuff with Cesaro in terms of both match quality and chesmistry was excellent as well.

With is look and his ease with talking to the media he really was a good shout for top guy at certain points.

Plus the Celtic Warrior workouts and calling Total divas 'shite' also wins me over.

Edited by Wrasslin

6 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Sheamus posted this photo on Twitter a while back. How can one guy have done so much and yet I can’t remember any of it?!

Pretty standard these days. Same goes with multiple time champs. There are very few memorable title reigns these days in WWE.

• Paid Members

Evan Singleton was on today's edition of the qualifying rounds for Worlds Strongest Man 2019. 

They kept referring to him as a former WWE wrestler. Looks like he was in NXT as Adam Mercer. How did he get on in NXT? The name nor the guy himself rung any bells with me.

1 hour ago, BigJag said:

Evan Singleton was on today's edition of the qualifying rounds for Worlds Strongest Man 2019. 

They kept referring to him as a former WWE wrestler. Looks like he was in NXT as Adam Mercer. How did he get on in NXT? The name nor the guy himself rung any bells with me.

He was there as a jobber in 2012, he retired shorty there after due to injury and joined Vito’s Lawsuit against WWE

• Paid Members

Killer Kross has been given his formal release from Impact, after sitting around doing nowt for a while (since he said he wanted to leave).

Im assuming he’ll be AEW bound. He seems to like Mexico so can’t see him signing for WWE. Not sure if they’d want him to be fair.