Richie Freebird

Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Who does everyone fancy would be the opponent? I expect it to be one of:

Goldberg - the real Monday Night Wars dream match, before everyone saw a chin in 2011 and decided “best late 90s goth” was what they wanted to see settled. 

Undertaker - the classic rivalry renewed.

Triple H - could also sell it as the final chapter in an epic rivalry, and Hunter isn’t anywhere near as fucked as Goldberg or Taker, so more likely to have a match that isn’t a total embarrassment. Although would insist on it going long.

Randy Orton - Viper vs Rattlesnake. A match we’ve never seen, stars of two generations, and a safe pair of hands who can still move at full speed.

Who else is there? Roman Reigns maybe?

Fuck it. Just go fuck-on Attitude-era WWE vs. WCW.

• Steve Austin vs Goldberg
  • Undertaker vs. Sting
  • The Rock vs. DDP: Battle of the “People’s Champions”

There’s three marquee matches with star power that will keep the Saudis happy.

If in the unlikely chance it did happen I think Orton would be most likely. Austin wouldn't want to do the job and wouldn't want anyone risky (Goldberg). The idea of him vs HHH or Undertaker is depressing. 

Got to be Dolph. 

I'd love to see Austin in the ring but he arguably takes his legacy more serious than Bret and isn't likely to potentially soil it. 

I’ve felt for a while that the match to make for a Saudi show is Stone Cold vs. Goldberg. It doesn’t even matter about the match. They could just trade punches for two minutes then hit finishers. It was always about that initial stare down for me. Flashbulbs going off as we finally get the ultimate dream match. I always expected the promos and video packages to be mega, too. But after seeing the promos both guys have cut recently? That Stone Cold from Raw Reunion and that Goldberg from the Smackdown before the Undertaker match? Fucking hell. It’d be the greatest build up of all time. The moniest of all money matches. 

Edited by Supremo

Austin is canny enough and I don't think he would risk injury going in there with Goldberg, unless he does literally fuck all and doesn't take any of his offence. Him vs H or Shane would be a safer option or a tag of some sort involving Reigns and or Brock.

I watched that Raw re-union day of there, and it's amazing how much of a bigger star Austin looks just talking shite with Joe/Cena/Becky than that little raspy voiced twerp Rollins does. Loved diva botherer Foley playing to type by ruining Rollins/Lynch date night too.

Edited by DCW

Goldberg v Austin would be incredible. I couldn't give a shite if the match goes 2 minutes of rubbish, as Supremo rightly points out it's all about that moment when they come nose to nose.

Austin v Cena, of course, but John is pretending the Saudi thing bothers him to work Hollywood.

I dont want to see Austin in Saudi Arabia. These legends comebacks are only good for the pop and the psychology the old timers use to work a limited match. If he does it in Saudi Arabia, he'd probably get the same reaction HHH or Kane gets when they show up. Surely Stone Cold's such a name, a WrestleMania match would be worth whatever he asks for. Then he can do a Saudi payday. If he shows up like Michaels did as a one off Saudi Shit Show match, I'd be canny gutted to be honest.

On another note, imagine how shit Sting vs Undertaker would be over there?

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

It has to be Austin v Cena.  Their styles woud work great together, Cena can sell a shit-kicking for ages from Austin, they can brawl all over the arena and keep it nice and safe for Austin.  They obviously have a ton of respect for each other, and I reckon they could do some amazing finish, like have Austin pass out in Cena's crossface in a reflection of the Hart match that really put Austin on the map.  Fuck it, do a blade job, take the fine on the chin and go the whole way.

That sort of match really has to be a Wrestlemania main event though.  Can you imagine the buyrate for Austin v Cena?

Austin needs Wrestlemania if he is going to come back, Fuck off Saudi Arabia, Plus Jhon isn't coming back for that. He rightfully has Hollywood to think about, Same with Rock.

Austin/Cena would be dimes, And Austin has to go over. 

Austin Vs Bryan would be great. Bryan could play the chicken shit heel whilst sanctimoniously burying pretty much everything about Austin in promos.

Yeah, I don't want to see Austin in the ring at all but if he does come back it has to be Mania. Him vs Goldberg would be worth it just for the stare down. 

Cena is a great shout too. Amazing how generous Cena has been over the years in terms of eating losses and yet he still feels like a bigger deal than the the likes of HHH or Shawn will ever be.

Cena won't take the Saudi blood money will he? so would have to be Mania.