Richie Freebird

Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

WWE have fined Lars Sullivan $100k and sent him for sensitivity training and to work with a ton of organisations after the shower of shit comments he posted before and just after he was signed. Seems like WWE have had to do something after someone emailed Mars Wrigley who are a big sponsor for them in regards to the comments and the company mentioned they would dicuss with WWE. 

8 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Some interesting tidbits on Vince and the writing staff...

Removed the rest to stop the clog up, if this is all true and I suspect at least 50% of this is BS for the fans who lap it up, surely as a public company, with his age Vince could be ousted especially if all the metrics are pointing downwards. That's what would happen in another business and I genuinely cant understand why it doesn't happen in WWE if even Triple H and Stephanie are genuinely frustrated by him. 

39 minutes ago, simonworden said:

Removed the rest to stop the clog up, if this is all true and I suspect at least 50% of this is BS for the fans who lap it up, surely as a public company, with his age Vince could be ousted especially if all the metrics are pointing downwards. That's what would happen in another business and I genuinely cant understand why it doesn't happen in WWE if even Triple H and Stephanie are genuinely frustrated by him. 

I’d say a fair bit more than 50% of that was BS for the fans who lap it up.

3 hours ago, simonworden said:

Vince has majority voting power. Publicly traded or not, he's still in control.

16 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

WWE have fined Lars Sullivan $100k and sent him for sensitivity training and to work with a ton of organisations after the shower of shit comments he posted before and just after he was signed. Seems like WWE have had to do something after someone emailed Mars Wrigley who are a big sponsor for them in regards to the comments and the company mentioned they would dicuss with WWE. 

Is it just me that finds this punishment baffling?

Its understandable if they sacked him upon finding out about his past transgressions or sent him for the sensitivity training in a bid to educate him. But the $100k fine for something he did years before joining the company? Strange. Smacks of wanting to be seen to be doing something but falling short of sacking someone they'd rather not show up elsewhere.

I think the fact they unearthed comments after he had signed it could be bringing the company into disrepute and a loss of bonus I guess. 

I'm assuming that astronomical figure was put in place with the intention of making Lars quit instead of paying it. Looks like he called their bluff which makes the bluff legit and now he has to fork it out. 

Lars Sullivan is such a dickhead, I had no idea so I looked up the tweets and I can't believe he still has a job, it wasn't random offensive stuff, he personally attacks wwe and individual superstars and says weird race shit about some of the black wrestlers. Glad Big E called him out on it.

Didn't he also have issues with panic attacks and having to pull out of his debut? I can't hold that against him but combined with this he's looking pretty difficult already. If my beloved Ryback can get dropped for being too crazy and difficult then fuck this loser.

WWE are so hypocritical it's unreal.

As much as I like seeing the goofy old fucker back on my screen now and then, the very fact that they've not just welcomed Hogan back after his comments, but are happily accepting cash from the Saudi's in a deal that sees them having to drop the women from any shows they do over there makes their response to Sullivan's comments laughable.

Let's be honest, if it wasn't for a raised eyebrow from Mars Wrigley over the matter they'd likely have done fuck all. 

17 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

Mars Wrigley

4 minutes ago, David said:

Mars Wrigley

The more I read this, the more like a WWE-generated name for a wrestler it sounds.

They should force Lars Sullivan to use it as part of his punishment. Make him come out to the ring dishing out Snickers and Hubba Bubba to the fans while dressed as a large bag of M&M's.

While Big E follows behind, throwing pancakes at him.

Edited by David

57 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Is it just me that finds this punishment baffling?

Its understandable if they sacked him upon finding out about his past transgressions or sent him for the sensitivity training in a bid to educate him. But the $100k fine for something he did years before joining the company? Strange. Smacks of wanting to be seen to be doing something but falling short of sacking someone they'd rather not show up elsewhere.

My guess is before you sign a contract with them you're required to disclose anything you may have done in the past that may cause them embarassment in the future.

The fine still seems hefty though, that must be a year's salary for someone like him.  I assume it's more like, we'll knock $5,000 of your salary every month for the next 20 months, or something.  I can't imagine they'd legally be able to enforce him having to give them $100,000!

10 minutes ago, David said:

They should force Lars Sullivan to use it as part of his punishment. Make him come out to the ring dishing out Snickers and Hubba Bubba to the fans while dressed as a large bag of M&M's.

While Big E follows behind him, throwing pancakes at him.

Mars Sullivan?