Richie Freebird

Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

3 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I think in general, you shouldn't be pointing out that moves don't work. Most of them don't. It's not the point.

Come on Daz! Didn't you hear?! This is the WORKED SHOOT REALITY ERA we're living in now! Why bother putting together a logical, coherent promo when you can pop 1% of your audience and prove you're one of them by calling your rival by their indie name?! Step behind the curtain and pull up a chair, lads!

The armbar tweet reached further heights and is now into full (worked) shoot territory.

4 minutes ago, SaitoRyo said:

Dana Warrior has joined the creative team. Haha. 

what?!

good lord.

18 minutes ago, Ricc1PW said:

what?!

good lord.

Apparently it's not permanent and they want to 'see how she does' (per Pro Wrestling Sheet). She is on board to give a 'female perspective'.

It's baffling isn't it? From the amount they appear to feel they owe her, you'd think they killed the fella.

It is bloody mental how Ronda is being allowed to tweet her own “promos.” Becky should be encouraged because she obviously knows what works and where to draw the line, but Ronda is just coming off as really stupid. 

Considering how much WWE loves to script promos you’d think they would write out some tweets as well 

Supposedly brought in to give a female perspective on things? In theory, it's a nice idea. The dialogue they script for the women in particular often sounds dreadful. But of all possible females you go with Dana Warrior? Forgive me, but living with that fucking mentalist for so many years, I don't reckon she's got the healthiest perspective on things.

Edited by Supremo

Although I’m really enjoying the Becky and Ronda Twitter back and forth (particularly the Becky side: Ronda is breaking the illusion a little too much), I’m worried that they may be taking it too far and Vince is going to cool on them.  Don’t want them to ruin the hottest angle in years!

Meltzer brought up a good point on his twitter, that this has Heyman all over it. I've no idea what the internet/twitter audience is in comparison to the general audience but it's certainly got people talking. For me it's lame as fuck for your Mania main event angle. I guess this is how you shoot yourself into a shoot in 2019, bro. 

I'm quite enjoying the novelty of a storyline and characters being better on WWE TV than IRL. It's been a while.