Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, gmoney said:

I found it odd they added "ovic" on the end of Donovan Dijak. For one thing, it makes a kind of cool alliterative name sound unwieldy and awkward, and there's presumably no chance he'll have that on the main roster.

Plus "Dijak" would have been a much cooler name than "Donovan" when they inevitably decide he should only have one name.

really annoys me when they do this.

we coped alright with Stone Cold Steve Austin, and Bret Hart, and Jim Neidhart, and Shawn Michaels etc etc

what makes them think we'll struggle with Tucker Knight, or Andrade Almas?

• Paid Members
Just now, Cod Eye said:

I always thought it was because they wanted to give everyone a one or two syllable, chant-able name?

That's such a horrific thought process, perfectly in keeping with the churn of homogenized, forgettable beige product.

• Paid Members

That's actually something I suggest to people when they're trying to come up with a name - imagine it being cheered, get used to the rhythm of it, think about how it sounds when the ring announcer says it, where they'd place the emphasis etc., so there's a logic to it.

That said, Otis Dozovic having a surname doesn't stop people being able to chant "Otis, Otis", does it? Crowds aren't chanting "Let's Go John Cena".

15 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Superstar Shakeup rumoured for RAW & Smackdown on April 15th & 16th 

Whose going where and whose coming up?

Been reading it’s called the international shakeup this year so I’m hoping for Dunne and Ripley  to be called up to smackdown