Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, PBWFan said:

But I am one of them and this is not okay 

I presume you don’t follow the product or attend shows very often.

I follow the product enough to know it's a shower of late 90's shite. I've all ready posted about my fallout with ICW in the ICW events thread. You'll find your answers there;

On 11/14/2018 at 5:44 PM, Accident Prone said:

The problem with ICW was their booking and stories got incredibly tedious and repetitive. I was hooked on the company for around 2 years heading into the first Hyrdo show but then I started to see the lazy reliance on authority figures and fucking Red Lightening. I didn't even see the next F&F so I must've dropped them around the summer time, and I assume a lot of people did the same.

Even more recently, I heard about a great Joe Coffey promo a few months back and it was indeed great until it was all about Red Lightening again and who was on who's side and blah blah fucking blah. I don't watch non-WWE promotions to see WWE tropes out in full force.

But looking at the marketing for F&F, I think they know they've fallen into a dip due to all this and they appear to be fine with it. The latest promo video is basically them saying "We were Big Bang of this current era of British Wrestling. Come and see where it all began" and you can't really argue with them. Grado and ICW were fucking massive, especially for a Scottish wrestling promotion, and were the entry way to the BrtiWres scene for those who were getting fed up with what was being offered by the mainstream.

Shame really, as me and my mates were really into ICW back in 2014/2015. The tour show they held in the small room of the Birmingham O2 was fantastic and is one of the most fun all-round shows I've been to. I wish them the best and, now that PROGRESS is in the toilet creatively, I hope they get rid of the dead weight and get those lost fans, and me, back on the wagon. 

Also, just to clarify; I made a point about some fans getting up in arms over supposed 'PC culture' and the like. The same fans who went mad because everyone told Sam Adonis to get fucked, and the same fans who always throw a wobbler when people shut down misogynist chants and shouts at shows. The same fans who went barmy when Pete Dunne told a wanker in the crowd to stop being a homophobic cretin. The same people who get angry when fans who, well within their rights, decide not to support a promotion if they think they are booking problematic people (for example, the controversy with The Briscoes and Fight Club: Pro). 

I used ICW fans as a little punchline to that point as I've been at ICW shows where fans have acted similarly twattish and therefore they have a bad rep with me and I'm going to assume other people as well.

Oh, brilliant stuff on not batting an eyelid with the misogynistic overtones of the audience, by the way. 

Edited by Accident Prone
Some really bad grammar mistakes.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, theringmaster said:

This is becoming far to common with Brit Wres workers, I recently saw one asked the fans to pay for their phone bill? Like whatever happened to taking responsibility for your own expenses? And it's not as if these guys are wrestling for peanuts...

Some women wrestlers have an Amazon wishlist so their fans can buy stuff for them. The fuck is that all about?

Angel o Demonio, infamous for launching a concrete block at the back of his opponents head and fracturing his skull a short while ago, was back in the same arena the incident occurred in several weeks ago and performed a spot where he threatened to hit his opponent in the head with a concrete block again only for the commissioner to jump in a stop him.

Ah, wrestling...

11 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

It's a blanket statement used by those who still want to wolf whistle at the women and see no problem with wrestlers using homophobic slurs at shows.

ICW fans, basically.

Nah, that's not it. I'm not cool with any of the behaviours listed there - misogyny or bigotry of any kind has no place in wrestling (or society in general)

I've a few specific examples in mind that would open up a bit of a can of worms and send this thread way off topic, but they're more to do with squirmishes within the audience rather than something a wrestler does for instance.

Edited by AVM

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Yeah, apparently he, Shane Helms and Abyss all started at WWE this week. Abyss has been brought in as a producer and there are no plans for him to be in the ring thank fuck. He hasn’t been assigned anywhere specific yet, but he could end working NXT:UK and the UK Performance Centre

Legal department, I think.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Statto said:

Fresh off his departure from Impact, Sonjay Dutt shows up as a suit breaking up a brawl on 205 Live this week, so guess that’s where he’s agenting.

I thought I recognised that guy but couldn’t place him at all. Never would have imagined it was Sonjay Dutt!

Aiden English appears to be on 205 now as well, replacing Percy Watson on commentary.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

What amazes me is that people donated to Will's Mums car fund and do pay for wrestlers stuff - what is the matter with these people!?

Wrestler takes advantage of desperate obsessed wrestling fans and kids who can’t read good... Shocker

He wants to get in to the ‘mentoring local promotors’ game, that’s where the real coin is.