Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

It's a shame we don't get to see the Super Vader fights, was that down to some contractual issies with him being employed by WCW?

Vader wasn't in until 1993 and this stuff is mainly 91-2. But the full run of Bushido gets to about 94 and he's not on it, so that's likely the case. His matches were edited off some shows they aired on pay-per-view in the US.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I'm only generally aware of Ospreay being a tosser but what are the specific other things he's done? Something related to transphobia or am I thinking of someone else?

uqgyv6ar7kyz.jpg

Essentially wanting to silence / victim blame because his mate had been accused of being a scumbag

1 hour ago, chokeout said:

uqgyv6ar7kyz.jpg

Essentially wanting to silence / victim blame because his mate had been accused of being a scumbag

There was also the time he used International Women's Day as his platform to ask "BUT WHERE'S INTERNATIONAL MEN'S DAY?!?", the time he asked his fans to buy his Mother a car for about 2k despite earning (presumably) a more than comfortable wage from New Japan, the obviously aforementioned hideous tweets regarding sexual assault / harassment combined with him continually booking and promoting a guy seemingly blackballed from everywhere else following such allegations. Publicly airing his dirty laundry with his trainees on Twitter, seemingly presuming he's the gatekeeper of gaijins in Japan or something. Ironic also that he's got the nerve to give out about people going over and not "meriting" a run in Japan or whatever, considering his girlfriend has been over there for a fucking age and she's still not very good at all.

He's an absolute prick, and remembering the time Vader decided he wasn't going to put him over on the day of their match will never not bring a smile to my face.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, AdamTH17 said:

the time he asked his fans to buy his Mother a car for about 2k despite earning (presumably) a more than comfortable wage from New Japan

That was an absolute disgrace, using his loyal followers to essentially buy his mum a car after hers was written off.

1 minute ago, PunkStep said:

That was an absolute disgrace, using his loyal followers to essentially buy his mum a car after hers was written off.

Even more so when you have a further trawl and see him writing about how in one calendar year he spent £10,000 on wrestling gear alone! He then still managed to turn it into something against the fans, whinging about people complaining about him charging for photographs. He's probably one of the only few wrestlers I've ever met who wanted a fiver for a selfie. Sack that.

• Paid Members

Not as bad as what AdamTH17 listed, but him thinking he had invented the elbow strike and him trying to pass off his promotion as 'British Puroresu' were really bloody stupid and fucking hilarious.

I still paid for a mark pic with him in NOLA though, and he didn't understand what the Zandig pose was. 

3 hours ago, PunkStep said:

He blocked me on Twitter for pulling him up on that one. - oh and add to the list that when he got backlash for the comments re: the tweet about sexual assault, he stated that he had 'apologised personally to the victim' despite her posting that he has never contacted her about the situation let alone apologise, 

Edited by Snitsky's back acne

34 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

All that's left is for him to come out supporting the Tories.

14 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

He seems the complete opposite of good lad Zack Sabre Jr so I wouldn't be surprised if he does.

So if you vote Tory you are not a good person? Idiots!