Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I don’t want them to turn Rousey heel, but I hope they do, because she’s bound to get negative “we read on the Internet you’re leaving so fuck you” reactions from this point on. 

They should keep her as is. They don't have to turn her just to compliment the fact that the fans will end up booing her. The crowd booing her without her hamming it up as a heel can make for an incredible atmosphere- see Rock VS Hogan, and VS Brock in fact. Many of Cena's big matches. The crowd organically getting more and more behind Becky VS Rousey will be special. Turning Rousey might dilute or ruin that.

If the women are going on last a Wrestlemania, there is no way Charlotte isn't going to be involved.

It will be Charlotte/Ronda, with a outside chance of a triple threat which for me would be a huge copout.

Just hope we get Ronda/Becky at EC or Fastlane.

Edited by The King of Old School

• Paid Members
On 1/24/2019 at 4:29 PM, Accident Prone said:

Woof. I'd agree-to-disagree with Ronda but Charlotte being miles better than Becky? Chuck that take into the bin, mate.

Is Charlotte not regarded as brilliant then? I don't watch much these days but whenever I've seen her I can't recall a match I didn't think was great. She's an incredible athlete, tons of charisma, isn't bad on the mic, she's almost the full package. I wouldn't say she's miles better than Becky, who's fantastic in different ways, but I'd prefer to watch her matches any time.

• Paid Members

There's a reason WWE want Charlotte to be involved in as many of their historic women's wrestling as possible, and it's because she's the best. Look at Sasha Banks after their feud and she's exposed as rather average. Charlotte however has been in excellent matches since with Asuka, Becky etc.

• Paid Members

I find Charlotte to be a great wrestler but not on the grand level that her booking would have you believe. She's brilliant as a heel but a really terrible babyface, and I can't stand her good guy schtick as it comes across as so forced. Reminds me of Alberto's lacklustre and cringeworthy face run.

Whilst one person can say that Charlotte is better than Becky and give a compelling argument, to say "miles better" as if Becky is leagues below is a bit of shit opinion, honestly. That's akin to someone saying The Rock is miles better than Kurt Angle. 

2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

There's a reason WWE want Charlotte to be involved in as many of their historic women's wrestling as possible, and it's because she's the best. Look at Sasha Banks after their feud and she's exposed as rather average. Charlotte however has been in excellent matches since with Asuka, Becky etc.

The problem is they can’t just use the fact that she is the best to give her all these accolades for the sake of it. Sasha and Bailey was perfect at the time because fans were into it. Right now the fans would be into Becky and Ronda, forcing Charlotte into it is only going to cause backlash with could ruin Charlotte’s career