Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
On 1/5/2019 at 12:00 AM, Yakashi said:

Or, they were friends for 35 years and it makes sense. Not everything is a war against wwe. 

When was the last time anyone who passed away had their mate show up to do a live promo in front of the crowd? It's absolutely about taking the opportunity to get Hogan back on the telly.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

When was the last time anyone who passed away had their mate show up to do a live promo in front of the crowd? It's absolutely about taking the opportunity to get Hogan back on the telly.

100% this. Video Package, 10 bell salute with the wrestlers all out on the stage. But never an in-ring promo. Lets be honest, whilst Mean Gene played a role during the rise of the WWF does he deserve more special treatment then the likes of Ultimate Warrior, Macho Man, Eddie Guerrero etc? He was a backstage announcer who helped sell the product but the business didn't change when he left and byrates at WCW didn't go up when he moved over there. Great entertainer, but this is, as Bomber says, a way to get Hogan on TV in front of a live crowd who won't be able to boo him.

20 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Great entertainer, but this is, as Bomber says, a way to get Hogan on TV in front of a live crowd who won't be able to boo him.

I've not really been watching the WWE stuff much, but would there be some benefit to getting Hulk in front of a live crowd on TV for ten minutes? Do you think they may bring him back for an extended period?

• Paid Members
Just now, David said:

I've not really been watching the WWE stuff much, but would there be some benefit to getting Hulk in front of a live crowd on TV for ten minutes? Do you think they may bring him back for an extended period?

Old school fans may tune in. May get a ratings boost? Likely to see if by his reaction they can bring him back more, see if the live crowd has forgiven him. Who knows with them

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, David said:

They wanted to be able to just wheel him out on a big show for 10 minutes now and then so they could put Hulk Hogan on the poster years ago. Until recently Hogan always believed he should be more than that quick cheap pop on the start of a show.

Just now, Hannibal Scorch said:

Old school fans may tune in. May get a ratings boost? Likely to see if by his reaction they can bring him back more, see if the live crowd has forgiven him. Who knows with them

That's a good point actually. I'll be tuning in for example, which wouldn't have happened if Hulk wasn't going to be on.

7 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

They used Anvil and Bearers deaths in angles, what's the chance of his tribute getting interrupted by a heel leading to a big boot, a leg drop and everybody's favourite daft old racist pointing at a large sign?

I've got a tenner that says he dances with a miserable looking New Day

8 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

The Hulkster shaking his fist at the sky, shaking his head saying, "Oh, Gene...!" after he draws his Royal Rumble number?

Hulk possibly announcing he'll be in the Rumble? Damn, now I'm definitely tuning in!

On 1/6/2019 at 8:51 AM, tiger_rick said:

Hogan's aready been back. It's already been news and been "trending worldwide". If they wanted/needed to bring him back for anything, they would have. He's coming back because him and Gene are intrinsically linked.

Don't believe for a second this isn't being used as a tactic to get him back on national TV. Yes, they will pay tribute but they've seen an op and are taking it.

He did come back but not on national TV. They also didn't fire his gear on sale in the WWE Shop last time and claim on Twitter that Hulkamania is running wild again with no mention of Mean Gene when advertising it.