Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

I don't know about the Great Khali being signed and all but Chris Masters has been posting photos over on Facebook (that's where the set pics came from) and he just posted this:

That's a huge B****

hugez.jpg

So yeah, it appears TNA may already have a Khali type of person for the new show.

Edited by pgi86

Pretty pumped for this. If it all works out TNA can do something Vince won't allow his fed.. feud with another company.

TNA vs RKK :) with one world champ between the 2 shows. They can do SO much with this that doesnt look like anything WWE is doing. :)

• Paid Members
Pretty pumped for this. If it all works out TNA can do something Vince won't allow his fed.. feud with another company.

TNA vs RKK :) with one world champ between the 2 shows. They can do SO much with this that doesnt look like anything WWE is doing. :)

Will anybody give a shit though? To us net fans, it will be cool but I'm not sure if the casuals will care they are feuding with another promotion, not on their TV. It will work for the India market, if they've heard of Hulk Hogan/Sting/Jeff Hardy (seeing as they rarely see such stars over there), but are the US fans going to be arsed that Chris Masters is going to challenge Jeff Hardy at Super Clash?

It only has a chance of working if TNA hype the product on their own TV, for months and months. Even then...

Edited by Blackson Jackson

WWE is shown regularly in India, and has been huge there for as long as I can remember, its much more mainstream than it is in the west. Last time I was out there I went to pick my cousin up from school, and at least half of the kids where wearing wrestling t-shirts, and they are sold widely in the shops, literally alongside Nike and Adidas shirts, you will find WWE ones hung up, so most Indians will know the wrestlers. TNA is not as big there and I don't think it is shown as widely, but I would bet large amounts of money on this project being very successful

A few Ring Ka King spoilers (via PWTorch):

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

- Matt Morgan is the inaugural heavyweight champion of the "Ring Ka King" promotion. Morgan beat Scott Steiner in the finals of an eight-man tournament.

- Chavo Guerrero & Harry Smith are the inaugural tag team champions for the promotion.

- One of the big matches taped for the weekly TV series was Matt Morgan, Chavo Guerrero and Harry Smith vs. Scott Steiner, Sonjay Dutt and Magnus in a six-man tag match.

- Scott Steiner is playing an antagonizing heel. "Antagonizing" being the key word, as there was reportedly a near-riot during the six-man tag match when Steiner approached fans near the guardrail.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by pgi86

Chris Hero failed a drug test and now WWE won't sign him.

"According to a report at WrestlingNewsWorld.com, WWE has rescinded their contract offer to Ring of Honor star Chris Hero, allegedly due to results from his drug test showing elevated testosterone level"

Sounds like he took steroids or something, Guy really could of been a star given a chance. Look at half the roster though you cant say they are clean....... If TNA don't sign him (Which they should) then he will be welcomed back into the indies.

I'm kinda surprised they will do that but on the other hand you see a lot of home made ones in the crowd so WWE may as well cash in on it so if you love or hate Cena he's still making money

It would be funny if that was the best selling Cena Shirt come wm probs will be. But how stupid does it make people who buy it. I mean who goes i hate Cena so much ill buy his merch with Cena Sucks on it

Those "Homer is a dope" t shirts sold out in 20 minutes

Looking at the WWE roster and Chris Hero its like a bad joke that he has no contract because of his elevated testosterone.

Its almost funny they'd use that as a reason not to hire someone

Edited by GPW Kristian Zane