Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

The first "feedback" from TNA's India tapings:

The crowd in India was f'n nuts and the set is sick.

The setup blew me away, it looks great! Atmosphere was incredible too.

Ring Ka King's 1st tv show went really well and these fans are getting one helluva wrestling product! Roster is a great one and Endemol has done a superb job creating a different tv look altogether. What's really cool is getting the chance to work with guys that I started in the business with at same time in OVW with on this tour!

EDIT - A couple more:

India has been awesome. I'm the American Adonis out here. Basically a throwback to the old Masterpiece. I'm loving being an a**hole again.

Great 2nd day of TV in India just wrapped. Tonight's crowd was insane, most seeing wrestling for the first time. Enthusiasm off the charts.
Edited by pgi86

This sounds superb. I look forward to the crossover matches with Impact. Someone mentioned the idea that the TNA World title is a title shared between both Impact and this show (and any others they do). Let's hope they do that, it seems an obvious tie-together.

Any chance of them signing Khali for the next series of this, I wonder?

This sounds superb. I look forward to the crossover matches with Impact. Someone mentioned the idea that the TNA World title is a title shared between both Impact and this show (and any others they do). Let's hope they do that, it seems an obvious tie-together.

Any chance of them signing Khali for the next series of this, I wonder?

I don't think WWE would allow that.

But he has been released from his WWE contract so they don't have a choice.

He has indeed, he also picked up an injury on his way out of the door so that might have been the reason they didn't pick him up. I assume that's why at least, because given Khali's popularity in India, TNA better do all the can to get him on board.

TNA's India show will indeed be called Ring Ka King. Here's some photos of the set:

That's a very pretty looking set. I bet it looks bad ass in HD. (if they film it in HD, I can't see 1080p TVs being too prevelant in India) It's a smart move on TNA's part going on board with Endemol, their TV experience will allow them to make up some of the experience and deficiencies that they give up to WWE in production values. (Some, no chance of it being all; WWE are world class when it comes to TV production)

Khali was released? I totally missed that. I just assumed they were going to have him as some brand ambassador or something.

His contract expired shortly after getting injured, apparently he wanted to go back to India to focus on acting.

Will there be any English commentary on this project? Presumably not.

Lots of stuff in India is done in English so there is no reason why not. So many languages are spoken in India that English is usually used as something that everyone universally understands as English plus whatever the language is spoken in your State is usually taught in schools

I'd love for this show to have English commentary, hopefully that's why JB has gone over there. The set looks brilliant and I'm looking forward to seeing this roster in action. Does anybody know whether the shows have been filmed in a TV studio or an arena? The description of the crowd sounds very different to the impact zone so that will be refreshing to watch. All the best to them.