Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

And on the subject of flat Earth, this is one of the many things the Mandela Effect is having on the world. We don't have a real picture of Earth do we? Don't NASA always say in the small print that any images of Earth are actually an artists representation. Kinda like the moon is meant to have like a browny coloured surface but yet all we have is photos showing it to be grey because that is what we see from Earth but that's meant to be a thing in the atmosphere that makes it appear like that. Infact isn't that the case for all planets? Anytime you see a picture of a planet it's actually an artist's drawing? It's not real at all.

I will give NASA some credit, they have started showing photos of Mars with a blue sky when for years they would photoshop them to have red skies and red rocks. Now people are seeing real colour photos of Mars. It's a shame they wont show the same with the Moon or give a real genuine picture of Earth.

If they believe all the images from space are faked, then fine. And if the scientific methods of proving the earth's curvature from the ground are too complicated to understand, then fine.

But all anyone has to do is catch a plane between locations at opposite ends of the map and compare the journey time with a flight from one end to the middle, and it will be pretty clear to them what's happened.

Unless they think the latter plane slowed down to create the illusion of distance. Shit, they probably would.

Do people who believe the Earth is Flat all agree on where it starts and ends?

Because wherever they think is the far left starting point, surely someone can fly further left and disprove them. Or am I being stupid? :/

Apparently, They believe that its flat from a "top down" perspective. So dead center is the north pole, and Antarctica forms the "edge", where there is a supposed high wall of ice.

Obviously wrong, for many reasons, but that's the gist of it I think.

It's not wrong, the earth is obviously flat and there is lots of data which prove it is. It's a shame how unwilling people are to educate themselves on flat earth because it clearly is

What's interesting with the theory for me is that no civilization has ever thought the world was flat. Ancient Indians, Chinese, Sumerians, Greeks, Romans, Incas and Myians all knew the earth wasn't flat.

It's not really until 1870 that revisions started to claim that people thought the earth was flat.

• Paid Members

What's interesting with the theory for me is that no civilization has ever thought the world was flat. Ancient Indians, Chinese, Sumerians, Greeks, Romans, Incas and Myians all knew the earth wasn't flat.

It's not really until 1870 that revisions started to claim that people thought the earth was flat.

That's no strictly true. A lot of older civilisations, including the Greeks and Chinese believed in it. Then as thinking progressed they realised it was rubbish. A lot of the flat earth stuff uses the older thinking as proof.

On a side note about nutty beliefs. I once went out with a girl who didn't believe in dinosaurs and refused to watch Jurassic park with me. She called it 'Drastic Park' and was convicted it was pro dinosaur propaganda. There's no talking to people who believe things like this.

You should also look into the North and South Poles and why NASA never releases pictures of them. I'm not saying the Hollow Earth theory is true but there's thousands of scientists at both poles all year round and we never hear what is happening down there (or up there). Just like the back side of the moon, pictures of everything else (supposedly) but nothing for the dark side.

The truth of the matter is this, we know nothing about why we are here or how we came to be here. Human beings have been here a lot longer than 2000 years. We just go through our life hoping for the best. Hoping that in the final stretch that we are at peace. I don't know what to expect but I certainly don't think the only intelligent life is on this planet. I don't think we are alone at all but yet we are led to believe we are. It's strange how the biggest story in human history.....IS human history. We don't even know our own history.