Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

If that's true i would lose all respect for styles.

AJ was on the Talking shop podcast a few years ago and kicked off with an anti-Obama rant which made the room go silent, then later got Simon Inoki and Antonio Inoki mixed up (despite being a NJPW Main Eventer at the time.)

If you're a big fan, avoid any laid back interviews. He's a real dummy.

If they believe all the images from space are faked, then fine. And if the scientific methods of proving the earth's curvature from the ground are too complicated to understand, then fine.

But all anyone has to do is catch a plane between locations at opposite ends of the map and compare the journey time with a flight from one end to the middle, and it will be pretty clear to them what's happened.

Unless they think the latter plane slowed down to create the illusion of distance. Shit, they probably would.

Do people who believe the Earth is Flat all agree on where it starts and ends?

Because wherever they think is the far left starting point, surely someone can fly further left and disprove them. Or am I being stupid?  :/

Apparently, They believe that its flat from a "top down" perspective. So dead center is the north pole, and  Antarctica forms the "edge", where there is a supposed high wall of ice.

Obviously wrong, for many reasons, but that's the gist of it I think.

Edited by Mr.E

• Paid Members

I think the earth is flat comment might be in relation to a fairly high profile basketball player Kyrie Irving claiming the world is flat last week and the NBAs commish having to answer questions on it.

It seemed to gain a decent amount of media attention so is likely triggered by that

I'm guessing he'll never play for the Harlem Globetrotters